MasterCard 2021 Mastercard Launch - Associate Analyst – Finance in Shanghai, China
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
2021 Mastercard Launch - Associate Analyst – Finance
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Mastercard Launch program is aimed at early career talent, to help you develop skills and gain cross-functional work experience. Over a period of 18 months, Launch participants will be assigned to a business unit, learn and develop skills, and gain valuable on the job experience. Successful candidates will be assigned to a business unit within International Markets and rotate for a duration of 2 x 9 months each for a total of 18 months.
• Assists in performing analysis on new business opportunities, supports agreements for certain designated areas (e.g.. financial & data technology)
• Leads and drives ad-hoc projects relating to pricing, interchange and new business modeling impacts
• Collaborates with business units to enable better decision making and supports the delivery of strategy and performance
• Experience coordinating components of larger projects
• Demonstrated initiative in building relationships with colleagues from multiple areas within Mastercard
• Experience navigating the organization to find internal resources and tools
All about you - Education, Qualifications and Experience
• Graduating seniors - Class of 2021
• Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree or above (all majors welcome to apply)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong strategic and conceptual aptitude
• Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience and Skills needed:
• Well-rounded individual with significant extracurricular involvement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work on a team and independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Attention to detail
• English required
• Additional languages a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113703