MasterCard Sr. Software Engineer In Test in Seattle, Washington
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr. Software Engineer In Test
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Identity Verification group within the Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) division works to prevent fraud by securing a user’s identity through their devices, identity information, and usage patterns such as passive Biometrics. Comprised of best-in-class solutions from Ekata and NuData Security (Mastercard companies), we use complex machine learning, a client customizable rule engine, combined with device, identity, and transaction information from billions of transactions to reduce user friction to enable highly secure real time transactions.
The Identity Verification group is looking for a Sr Software Engineer in Test to help build out its IDVHub API product which is creating a central, consumable way of combining Mastercard’s Identity Verification’s solutions for consumption.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Write and own technical test design and execution as a member of an Agile-based Scrum team with opportunities to exercise automation, tooling, and scripting skills.
• Work closely with developers throughout the sprint cycle to ensure that we deliver only high-quality features.
• A proactive attitude and the knowledge and ability to help influence and shape the QA process and drive the team to release the best possible product.
• Be able and willing to take an innovative approach towards testing and troubleshooting new technologies primarily focused on backend Rest APIs.
• This is a technical position and requires writing, interpreting, and reviewing both test and application code.
All About You:
• Knowledge of fundamental QA processes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in testing APIs
• Knowledge of how a basic web server / application works
• Knowledge of the HTTP protocol and requests
• Manual web application testing experience
• Understanding how to write effective defect reports
• Ability to create and maintain test cases based on acceptance criteria
• Experience with *nix operating systems (MacOS, Linux)
• Experience using at least one high-level programming or scripting language. Java a plus.
• Experience using team collaboration and bug tracking tools
• Willing to invest time learning new tools and technologies
Helpful to have:
• Experience writing documentation and creating diagrams
• Experience working with cloud-based server environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience with version control systems (Git, BitBucket, SVN, etc.)
• Experience with Selenium, Postman, or other web test automation frameworks
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Experience with CI systems (Jenkins)
• An interest in fraud detection and security
Education / Experience:
• Experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial / Fraud Services Sector is preferred. Broad understanding of Software Engineering/QA Concepts and Methodologies is required. Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
• Bachelor's or higher degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
In return we offer a hybrid work environment including work from anywhere weeks as per Mastercard policy. Team and Tech Hub events such as in and out of office games, sport teams, hackathons, lunch n learns, regular team lunches and other events. Don’t forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-163535