MasterCard Senior Software Engineer / Data Engineer, Ekata in Seattle, Washington
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer / Data Engineer, Ekata
The Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the evolving risk & cyber security needs of all of MasterCard’s various customer segments. The C&I team was established with the responsibility to safeguard all aspects of safety and security in payments and have made great strides with new products, services and standards, positively impacting all aspects of our current and future payment eco-system.
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
As a Sr. Software Engineer for our Graph and Tools Team, you will:
• Design and develop our mission-critical big data processing systems using Apache Spark, Airflow, and related technologies.
• Apply a deep understanding of Apache Spark internals to continually optimize our computations for runtime and cost efficiency.
• Build and maintain tools to evaluate product performance.
• Insist on highest coding standards, follow and create best practices for clean code and architecture.
• Develop deep understanding of data, get a good sense of signal vs noise to help businesses with shaping new products.
• Impact system architecture and improve overall system efficiency with growing business needs.
• Provide mentorship and hold system overview sessions.
Our ideal Sr. Software Engineer will have:
• Proven experience as a software engineer and executing full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Sound understanding of functional (preferred) or object-oriented programming, data-oriented programming, languages, algorithms, data structures
• Aptitude to learn new languages and technologies as necessary
• Self-motivation and ability to deliver on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
• Ability to gather and document requirements and specifications
• Ability to write clean, readable, and maintainable code that follows best practices
• Passion for diving deep in data and insights
• Strong sense of urgency, bias for results, and problem-solving skills
• Strong understanding of testing methodologies, test plan development
• Experience with the Apache Spark ecosystem in a production environment
• Experience working with AWS EMR, Databricks, and/or similar platforms
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-169521