MasterCard Senior Security Engineer in Seattle, Washington
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Security Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard is seeking candidates to join our team as a Senior Security Engineer to work on integration projects. The focus of the role is to help establish common security controls and operating practices across a new Mastercard organization, to align with our security standards.
• Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information security and secure development disciplines?
• Can you provide guidance on how to securely implement systems in cloud environments?
• Can you analyze system architecture to reduce security risk to an acceptable level, while still maintaining operational services?
• Have you performed security analysis of applications, networks and the interaction between components to understand the threats, attacks, and propose secure ways to build systems?
• Are you aware of standards and best practices for managing security throughout an organization to ensure successful business operation?
• Provide technical design and architecture advice to internal teams on how to securely develop, build and apply continuous application security with Secure SDLC capabilities
• Define secure mechanisms for critical business functions in cloud environments.
• Influence the security design and architecture by recommending optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements for new or enhanced systems.
• Propose security controls to remediate identified gaps, while facilitating smooth ongoing operations and processes.
• Analyze custom-developed software systems to ensure resilience and adequate protection of sensitive information.
• Maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal Mastercard stakeholders, including business owners, end-users, customers, project managers, engineers, and senior management.
All About You
• Undergraduate degree preferably in computer science/information security/software development or equivalent demonstrated work experience.
• Experience with Information Security roles.
• CISSP or Industry recognized security certification desired.
• Strong understanding of information security, risk and data privacy including relevant practical experience.
• Demonstrate a broad awareness of security operations concepts and practices across all phases of the delivery lifecycle.
• Deep understanding of how to secure cloud-based services and applications in AWS or Azure.
• Experience providing security architecture advice for internet-facing network environments and secure communication for web applications and web services.
• Demonstrate technical competency in security engineering based on hands-on experience or relevant qualifications.
• Layer 7 REST API attack detection and prevention, static code analysis, application security testing, vulnerability scanning and remediation.
• Knowledge of relevant industry standards and guidelines such as ISO27001, PCI-DSS, NIST SP800-53.
• Knowledge and experience in the practical application of cryptography to protect data and communications, e.g., encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, TLS.
• Demonstrate the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms, and recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly in a multi stakeholder environment.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167598