MasterCard Sales Engineer in Seattle, Washington
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the evolving risk & cyber security needs of all of MasterCard’s various customer segments. The C&I team was established with the responsibility to safeguard all aspects of safety and security in payments and have made great strides with new products, services and standards, positively impacting all aspects of our current and future payment eco-system.
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
As a Sales Engineer at Ekata, a Mastercard Company, you will have a diverse set of responsibilities supporting Sales with the aim of supporting and growing a best-in-class product suite in the identity verification industry. The role is focused on ensuring potential prospects understand our API products from a technical perspective and get the best possible value from the Ekata data ecosystem through their machine learning or rule-based systems. As a product expert, you will collaborate with Sales to understand prospect pain points, goals, and risk workflows to determine product fit, advise prospects how to best leverage Ekata data in their risk workflows through trainings or proof of value tests, represent Ekata in the market at conferences and webinars, and liaison with our Product team to share customer feedback to improve our products.
In this role you will:
● Work with prospective customers and our Sales team to win deals and drive sales to completion
● Build strong relationships with prospects while empowering them as a product expert, ensuring our customers have an exceptional experience throughout the pre-sale process
● Understand customer business needs and workflows, using this knowledge to position Ekata products and design solutions using them
● Support the sales team to ensure Ekata can highlight the maximum benefit of its products, through customer trainings or proof of value product tests
● Identify and analyze Ekata data features that provide the most value to customers for their specific use case and business need
● Acquire a deep, technical understanding of Ekata products and data, using this knowledge to act as subject matter expert for customers
● Deliver external and internal trainings on Ekata products and data
● Liaise with the Product team to bring customer facing perspectives and share feedback from the market
● Represent Ekata in the market, attending and presenting at conferences and webinars, and supporting the creation of best practice documentation including industry knowledge and product use
All About You:
● Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to effectively engage audiences
● Experience in a customer-facing or heavily cross-functional role
● Experience in understanding customer needs and using those to build technical specifications
● Basic scripting and analysis skills in Python
● Ability to extract and analyze data in SQL
● Technical background with high level knowledge and understanding of supervised machine learning models and APIs
● Strong problem solving and analytical skills
● Comfortable in a customer facing role, meeting with senior business leadership, product managers, data scientists, and product marketers
● Ability to communicate technical concepts to non technical stakeholders both orally and written
● Proven ability to establish credibility with technical leaders in customer organizations.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-169628