MasterCard Product Manager in Seattle, Washington
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the evolving risk & cyber security needs of all of MasterCard’s various customer segments. The C&I team was established with the responsibility to safeguard all aspects of safety and security in payments and have made great strides with new products, services and standards, positively impacting all aspects of our current and future payment eco-system.
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
Develops product strategies and roadmaps to execute to ensure maximum penetration of market segments. Manages and maintains existing product lines on an on-going basis, including partner management. Conducts opportunity assessments on new ideas and concepts. Provides design specifications for product enhancements to Product Development. Defines business and technical requirements and manages the relationships of technical resources and the Global Technology Organization to maintain and build out platforms.
• Monitor product performance, provide feedback, define or approve/disapprove change control processes, and manage vendor relationships
• Coordinate with customer teams, customers and third parties to develop product strategies and possible enhancements of existing product offerings
• Develop and implement programs and initiatives using the Go-To-Market process to increase card issuance in both established and emerging markets
• Engage in idea generation, concept validation, business case development, and in some instances financial modeling and planning
• Execute business plans which promote the value and profitability of MasterCard acceptance • Enhance the development and design of product-marketing strategy from product decision through product life cycle
• Coordinate the execution of advertising, promotional, and sales programs to meet objectives
Knowledge / Experience:
• Prior related work management experience desirable
• Extensive experience in new product development
• Must have strong business/market/financial analysis and project management skills
• Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience
• Ability to interact and coordinate effectively with internal and external business partners
• Business Acumen with the ability to provide solutions that drive positive results to the customer and MasterCard
• Self motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a team
Work Conditions: Some travel required
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-163665