MasterCard Director, Product Marketing Management in Seattle, Washington
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Marketing Management
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the evolving risk & cyber security needs of all of MasterCard’s various customer segments. The C&I team was established with the responsibility to safeguard all aspects of safety and security in payments and have made great strides with new products, services and standards, positively impacting all aspects of our current and future payment eco-system.
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
• Be the resident marketing expert for assigned products like consumer credit, advanced payments, advisory solutions, MasterCard technology solutions
• Leverage market intelligence about card usage trends and competitors’ products as well as product knowledge of MasterCard products to identify new opportunities
• Collaborate with Communications specialists and develop product collateral and other sales tools to be used by the Customer marketing and Global Accounts teams
• Work closely with the Global Product Group and the Customer Marketing group to develop launch strategies for new products
• Assist the customer marketing and global accounts teams by providing insights to the products’ features and differentiation compared to other MasterCard and competitor products
• Participate in sales meetings with the Global Accounts teams
• Evaluate accomplishment of objectives using metrics defined for measuring marketing effectiveness
• Recommends, and oversees execution of, Product Marketing strategies (including management of all materials and content) to drive adoption and usage; may include developing a global template to influence regional strategies
• Crafts and recommends product value propositions that are consumer-led, crisp and competitively positioned
• Translates high-level direction into desired specifications for effective and scalable sales materials and packaging/wrappers for products and bundles
• Recommends and co-identifies key product, segmentation, and positioning opportunities by leveraging data and insights
• Recommends a consumer/customer testing plan for concepts and product prototypes
• Steers integration of product programs with marketing platforms and vice-versa
• Oversees parts of Product Marketing budget to ensure that all campaigns, programs, and activities are within allocated budget
• Demonstrated success in identifying insights for a product marketing campaign and leading a team to execute it
• Demonstrated success in developing product bundles and packaging for new and existing products
• Demonstrated ability to successfully integrate marketing assets with products and product platforms
• Experience identifying research needs for a quantitative study resulting in ability to represent the voice of the customer
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-159127