MasterCard Vice President, Data Strategy in Sao Paulo, Brazil
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Data Strategy
• The Data Strategy team in the Data Strategy & Management organization (Chief Data Office) is responsible for developing and driving data strategies for the product and services teams. The team ensures that Mastercard maintains and increases the value of Mastercard’s data assets as we build new products and services that collect, use or share data.
• The Data Strategy Lead (DSL) is responsible for understanding and coordinating the business unit’s strategy and related product designs and for translating that information into a data strategy and data requirements for the products and services provided by that business unit. This role will be part of the relevant business team managing data issues, while working as part of the central Data Strategy and Management team to manage data issues that need to be resolved across business teams products, with specific focus on data analytics products leveraging transaction and merchant data, as well as open banking in LAC.
• Understand LAC business strategy, information infrastructure and data needs for both new and existing products and services across various product initiatives within the respective business unit. Translate business strategy into data strategy and requirements for the products and solutions for the business units, and the identify related data gaps and required remediation.
• Identify data-related process, policy, governance and infrastructure requirements resulting from new and evolving product constructs and how those governance requirements can be implemented
• Develop frameworks for the business unit’s collection use, sharing and disclosure of data taking into consideration the data, operational, reputational and partnership-related requirements for the business
All About You
• Experience in data product development, and analytical models
• Experience in data hygiene procedures, open banking or data management a plus
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings and must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team
• Ability to create strategies and plans that define how information can be utilized to support an organization's overall business strategy, and how that information and data is organized, and governed inside an organization
• Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must
• Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to understand complex information product constructs
• Familiarity with industry best practices for collection and use of data
• Motivated self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-178234