MasterCard Software Engineer - Direct Integrations (Brazil)-1 in Sao Paulo, Brazil
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer - Direct Integrations (Brazil)-1
We are looking for a Software Engineer to build highly available and heavy traffic fault-tolerant applications using Java, Spring, and Spring Boot technologies. You'll get to work with cutting-edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS, and will help design and build a next-generation platform to advance the lending industry. Our software engineering team is rapidly growing and looking for Senior Software Engineers to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy team. We want people who take their craft seriously, have a passion for building great solutions and enjoy
working with a team of like-minded individuals.
What You'll Do
● The primary contributor to the analysis, design, and development of Finicity’s most strategic and complex API projects, utilizing broad industry awareness and Java development expertise
● Codes, tests, debugs, and documents fault-tolerant, maintainable, and scalable API solutions; enhances existing code to ensure that production systems continue to meet user needs.
● Implements complicated systems and software components, in compliance with Agile and Services
Oriented Architecture standards, utilizing expertise in the Java programming language and related development frameworks, REST principles, and MySQL.
● Participates in discussions with stakeholders about high-level concepts and/or desired technology
solutions, utilizing expertise to recommend options to meet business needs.
● Identifies and resolves system operating problems in collaboration with Operations in order to provide
business continuity and optimal service to end-users.
● Maintains an expert-level understanding of Java application development best practices, tools, and
programming techniques. Keeps current with new developments in the financial technology industry and may lead the development of departmental standards and methodologies.
● Provides guidance and training to all levels of software engineers in order to improve productivity and
efficacy of the team
● Uses extensive experience and specialized software development knowledge to plan and accomplish
necessary project tasks may provide consultation on a variety of complex software development projects and is considered to be a top-level specialist
● Works with external software suppliers to coordinate software integration and resolution of problems.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or closely a related field (e.g., Information Systems, Software
● 3+ years of experience in software development and Agile practices throughout the entire development
lifecycle using Java and related frameworks
● 2+ years of experience with Spring and Spring Boot technologies
● Extensive knowledge about APIs, RESTful services that integrate with other data providers using Spring MVC.
● Extensive experience with ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate and JPA
● Extensive experience with one of the databases such as MySQL, Mongo, or Oracle
● Experience implementing test-driven development with JUnit and Mocking frameworks
● Nice to have the understanding of cloud applications using microservices and scalable cloud
infrastructure on AWS, GCP, or equivalent
● Nice to have an understanding of containers and orchestration with tools such as: Docker, Kubernetes.
● Excellent Problem solving skills including debugging and troubleshooting
● Insatiable desire to learn and improve.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-166192