MasterCard NPP Customer Solution Architect - Regional Lead for Digital/Merchants in Sao Paulo, Brazil
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
NPP Customer Solution Architect - Regional Lead for Digital/Merchants
The New Payment Platform (NPP) team is looking for a Customer Solution Architect for Digital/Merchants accounts in order to maximize the impact of our solutions to this segment. By curating our offering, co-creating solutions that connect to customers’ needs and telling the story leveraging multi-rail approach, the Solution Architect plays a critical role in inserting MC in the broader customer agenda, building our position in the Account space and landing scalable solutions with strategic partners to drive our relevance, differentiation and revenue.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, a problem-solver able to connect the dots and bridge gaps, intellectually curious and creative, strong story teller and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset with resilience for the long-term wins. Prior experience with the customer segment is a differentiation, as well as knowledge of accounts world or market payment expertise.
This is a regional role based out of the market. The role will work closely to account managers (if exist), as well as the NPP product teams and Core solutions/services (i.e. C&I, Advisors), and support functions (i.e. pricing, franchise, delivery). The Solution Architect for this segment will report to Customer Solutions NPP Lead in the region.
In this client-facing position, you will:
• Assess segment to identify trends, painpoints/needs and opportunities for Mastercard. Understand the road-blocks that we have faced in previous engagements. Identify strategic accounts for engagement with a focus on those that unlock scale/1-to-many approach or ecosystem plays
• Collaborate with account teams and BD to identify customer needs and opportunities, and engage with expert teams (i.e. NPP and Core products/services, i.e. C&I and Advisors) to recommend needs-based solutions (short term tangible landing as well as vision/roadmap).
• Build a compelling narrative that positions MC as a key player to help customers navigate the new challenges of the modernized payment landscape, building our credentials and relevance in accounts
• Iterate with frontline at different stages (e.g., value proposition creation, proposal development) to ensure solution meets client-specific needs and bridge gap between sales team and product/solution expertise
• Orchestrate key proposals/deals for strategic customers when solution is complex or requires customization. Engage key stakeholders (global/regional/market) to ensure buy-in and support to overcome roadblocks (i.e. pricing/finance, contract/legal, delivery/franchise, seeding investment)
• Create solutions & proactively builds solutions for known market needs in the segment. Build approach for initial conversations knitting together assets in bundles that can be readily deployed to address key customer “pain points.”
• Identify enabling partners i.e. external parties such as fintechs, for solutioning when capabilities are not present internally within MA
• Leverage successful solutions and sales approaches and share best practices with NPP community
All About You:
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Strong understanding of customer’s evolving strategic agenda, needs/painpoints and market/segment context
• Ability to comprehend the business, broader market context and players motivations/challenges to drive innovative solutions.
• Be strong storyteller, a confident communicator able to represent vision/solutions to a wide variety of senior stakeholders (internal and client)
• Quick learner, able to grasp our solutions and connect the dots to customer needs
• Highly collaborative; natural integrator with sense of urgency and demonstrated ability to develop solutions and to gain backing from internal stakeholders in order to build organizational support for the proposed solution.
• An intellectually curious and creative problem-solver with a positive can-do attitude, looking for potential solutions to address barriers
• Strong product development discipline; able to manage for differentiation, consumer experience, quality, and economics.
• Ability to understand in depth, analyze, and select current and emerging technologies that are pertinent to the segment
• Portuguese/Spanish fluency preferred.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-148494