MasterCard Manager, Business Development NPP in Sao Paulo, Brazil
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business Development NPP
Vocalink, a Mastercard company is seeking an accomplished sales/business development professional to accelerate the growth of Vocalink account-to-account payments (i.e. batch ACH, real-time payments.) in LAC. This is a strategic growth area for Mastercard and this role will offer broad exposure across the organization.
Vocalink is a global payments partner relied on by financial institutions, corporate and governments to provide high availability and resilient payment solutions. Our proven capability of implementing real time payment systems in the UK has led to the development of immediate payment solutions for other countries. Our platforms have made it easier to make payments confidently, securely and cost effectively. We are also at the forefront of mobile payments in the UK as the UK’s leading mobile payment innovation, is empowering consumers to be able to make secure real-time consumer to merchant payments through existing mobile banking services.
Building on these foundations in the UK, we are scaling our organisation globally as part of the Mastercard family. We are building a suite of payments infrastructure, applications and services including the first global products to take advantage of the ‘dual-rails’ that only the combined capabilities of Mastercard and Vocalink offer.
This is an exciting time to join Vocalink, a Mastercard company: we have the technology, people, and brand to serve modern society. Today we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
This role will be responsible for developing a sales pipeline for real-time payments infrastructure to meet and exceed regional revenue targets.
To achieve this, it is expected that the Real-Time Payments Sales Director will:
• Deliver Vocalink solution-related revenues against target
• Co-ordinate the resources and capabilities across Vocalink to deliver compelling, commercial market propositions in the LAC Region
• Develop sales propositions based on client requests, pro-active sales campaigns, RFIs and RFPs and general sales engagement.
• Proactively develop sales propositions in response to Sales and Marketing strategies or product development imperatives.
• Develop, manage and grow a partner/reseller network in the region.
• Manage existing customer relationships in the region to maximize additional revenue opportunities and customer satisfaction.
The successful applicant will need to be able to travel across the region to effectively communicate the value proposition of Vocalink’s innovative solutions to drive new sales. The candidate will have a good understanding of the payments industry and will be able to promote the features and benefits of our solutions based on the needs of the client.
All About You:
• Develop, implement and deliver against sales plans by territory in order to generate agreed revenue streams.
• Develop and agree a market strategy for the region:
• Identify stakeholders and decision makers
• Identify solutions that meet market requirements
• Identify competitors and develop strategies for neutralizing them
• Develop value propositions and commercial models that satisfy market drivers
• Keep abreast of regional industry and customer developments and understand the impact of these on our sales strategies
• The development and maintenance of strong relationships with potential clients within the region, including PSPs, central banks and partners to ensure our capabilities are known and understand and sales opportunities maximized. Engage with regulators, payments service providers and partners or potential partners in to promote Vocalink solutions and communicate the benefits and advantages of real-time and digital payment solutions.
• Champions customer prospect interests within Vocalink and Mastercard to influence Sales, Product and Delivery strategies.
• The role will liaise with the Senior Vice President, International Sales, Real Time Payments in order to develop sales strategies and client engagement plans to ensure appropriate support in terms of resources, collateral and propositions is in place.
• The role will liaise with the International Product team in order to understand and contribute to product development plans and pricing approaches in order to ensure supporting strategies are in place.
• The role will liaise with the marketing function to ensure that marketing resources align with the sales function, local requirements.
• The role will liaise with the commercial finance function to ensure that proposals, bid responses are profitable and fall within the company financial parameters but also meet market and prospect expectations.
• The role will liaise with the legal function in order to negotiate and where appropriate create contractual frameworks and contract documents.
• The role will liaise with IT in order to communicate sales pipelines and agree resourcing for bid and proposal production and support along with the production of viable development and implementation costs to support bids and proposals.
• Positive attitude & personal motivation
• Client focus
• Ability to delegate effectively
• Leading others by example
• Ability to make effective decisions in support of changing business needs.
• Capable of dealing with ambiguity
• Business planning knowledge and abilities
• Market and opportunity assessment capability
• Ability to interpret and communicate mission and value concepts to a wide range of internal and external representatives
• Ability to make strategic decisions in response to emerging conditions and environmental circumstances
• Personal accountability
• Ability to escalate effectively
• Expectation management
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong relationship management capability
• Flexibility and adaptability to change
• Commercial focus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-149633