MasterCard Manager, Accounting in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• Responsible for financial accounting, financial reporting and operating activities
• Activities at the junior levels include settlement accounting; accounts receivable; fixed assets; and at the senior levels preparing budgets and financial reports; conducting financial analyses; and making recommendations to senior management
• The Controller should have oversight and controls in place around the accounting and business processes and assure the accuracy and timely completion of all accounting transactions
• Manages delivery of internal and external financials for or on behalf of group/business unit and works to ensure the integrity and completeness of all financial deliverables
• Evaluates financial and/or operational metrics and performances, summarizes findings and makes preliminary recommendations to leadership
• Serves as a point of escalation for compliance and service level issues
• Implements initiatives to improve day-to-day operations, including ORM, IT, business processes and system applications
• Owns business partner relationship and applies a client-service mentality towards managing and executing close processes (i.e., monthly, quarterly, annually)
• May manage or lead large cross-functional projects
• Experience operating in a diverse, multi-functional accounting and/or finance group
• Experience assessing effectiveness and implementing accounting controls and ensuring compliance
• Experience reviewing and analyzing own work and work of junior colleagues for appropriate accounting treatment
• Experience identifying and implementing process improvement activities, makes recommendations to further improve procedures
• Successfully resolves complex issues in a timely and efficient manner
• Experience driving and building relationships with business partners
• Preferable Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant For GBSC Accounting Services Only:
• Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements and financial reporting requirements and consistently delivers accurate and timely information
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85777