MasterCard Director, Business Development in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Business Development
The LAC Co-brand Vertical Head will be responsible for strategist, identifying, prioritizing and developing business plans existing and prospective Co-brands across LAC. The individual will integrate the Global Co-brand plans with the local business development teams to execute on sales initiatives and will provide them with all necessary support, thought leadership, coordination/alignment with global strategy and priorities and all metrics and key performance indicators. This individual will lead all divisional business developers and account managers that participate in co-brand accounts and initiatives and will also be responsible for direct account management and business development with regional co-brands.. This is a customer-facing role, requiring sales / business development skills. In this role, a successful candidate will demonstrate ability to establish, identify and develop an in-depth understanding of the Co-brand payment needs, develop value propositions and financial proposals, help negotiate and close deals, either directly or aiding local teams in doing so.
• Will work closely with key regional accounts in coordinating local teams, as well as Functional teams (GP&S, Legal, Franchise, Risk & Customer Delivery teams) in assessing and addressing vertical and client needs and solutions which include existing and new products as well as creating processes for the Co-brand Vertical to support business development in LAC
• Customer-facing role, requiring CRM/sales/ business development/Pipeline Management skills
• Will report to the LAC Merchant Development Head.
Co-brand Vertical Development
• Develop Regional Co-brand Vertical through maturation of the following foundation elements, by developing the Co-brand Vertical Strategy, manage the maintenance of Macro Sizing & Prioritization of the Vertical & Sub verticals. Identify Other opportunities/areas of interest), developing prioritization and Calibration of Key Account Management Target Portfolios, Assessing Customer Needs & Solution/Value Proposition & Solution Development Opportunities, Sizing and Management of the Business Development Opportunities through Monetization discipline of Needs/Solutions Mapping & Related Financials, Disciplined Customer Relationship Management- Key Account Profiles & Planning, Engagement Maps and Pipeline Management, Strategic Initiative Deployment & Management
• Define, Calibrate & Prioritize Key Account Portfolio and Strategic Rationale Behind it
• Regional business development and account management responsibilities for the LAC region in coordination with local account managers
o Development & Maintenance of Key Account Profiles, Account Plans, Customer Engagement Maps
o Develop relationships at most senior and middle management levels that will lead to the expansion of MasterCard’s business among Co-brand customers
o Identify, prioritize, develop and implement strategies/business plans that grow MasterCard revenue and share, support our customer’s business objectives in alignment with the regional & local strategies and support objectives for both existing and prospective Co-brand clients across LAC.
o Develop and implement an integrated ecosystem model to expand Co-brand customer relationships
o Assess and organize internal and external resources requirements, and leading the special ad-doc project teams as needed
• Co-brand Vertical Pipeline Development & Management
o Consolidate, Report & Manage Evolution of Co-brand Aggregated Regional and Market Opportunity Pipeline. Ensure Inclusion/Usage to Salesforce.com
Value Propositions Development, Understand & Disseminate Key Co-brand Industry/Customer Needs to develop meaningful value propositions/solutions to deliver tangible value to customers and convert to MC Revenue Opportunities, Development/Maintenance of a comprehensive value story for the Retail Customers through a comprehensive value proposition presentation (Co-brand Playbook) related to MasterCard products and solutions:
o Draw upon general competitor intelligence, merchant-specific strategies, Advisors, and other sources of analytical data when creating Co-brand customer presentations.
o Identify, leverage internal and external resources to deliver market, product trends and insights to drive opportunity identification and inform customer strategy, as well as, assess relevancy.
o Enable Training of Industry and Relevant Value Propositions for Sales/Market Teams
-Vertical Infrastructure & KPI Development (Metrics), create and communicate Vertical reporting on the defined KPIs for the vertical and key accounts , Develop incremental KPIs that enable deeper/more meaningful business evolution tracking in key areas: Customer Satisfaction, Vertical & Partnership Development, etc, develop profitability models, financial and business forecasts, competitive analyses, etc
All About You
•Skills Required, strong Leadership & Teamwork
• Robust business acumen, problem solving, quick learning, timely Decision Making
• Self-Starter and ability to work in ambiguous environments
• Excellent Strategic and analytical skills (e.g., cards P&L analysis, financial forecasting, competitive analysis)
• Superior presentation and communication skills, written and oral, in both Spanish and English.
• Customer-focused & Proven ability to develop business relationships at all levels (internally & externally)
• Excellent inter-personal, team building, cross-functional, sales and marketing skills.
• Ability to understand complex organizations and work cross functionally with matrix responsibilities
• Strategic thinking with ability to create strategic business plans and objectives.
• Flexibility. Sense of urgency is a must.
• Travel up to 40-50% of the time
• Proven experience in Co-brand industry.
• Profound experience in sales/account management & pipeline management
• Ability to integrate various disciplines (planning finance, sales, marketing, technology) and function in an unstructured environment with minimum day to day supervision
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and make decisions with limited information
• Experience in Intrapreneurial or Business Unit/Practice Development is highly desirable
• Experience in card payments industry desired
• Demonstrated awareness of a sensitivity to regional or national cultures, business etiquette, product features, and technical requirements.
• BS degree in business administration, Industrial Engineering, or similar
• MBA/Advanced business degree preferred
-Languages: Bi-lingual Spanish and English, both written and spoken. Portuguese is a plus.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-76956