MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Business Development in Santiago, Chile
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Business Development
Mastercard Data & Services, the services arm of Mastercard organization, provides payments-focused consulting an other professional services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, Mastercard Data & Services addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances Mastercard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes Mastercard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
All about the role:
• Are you motivated by developing new insights into issues and developing recommendations that add real value to clients?
• Can you develop strategies and programs for local, regional and global clients?
• Do you want to play a key role in driving a world beyond cash?
The Senior Managing Consultant, Business Development is an active team member who contributes to sales targets and opportunity generation and closing with Data & Services. Whilst this individual is not expected to be a subject matter expert in the payment cards industry, they will demonstrate expertise in consulting sales management experience and professional problem-solving skills.
• Together with existing team, shape Data & Services growth strategy in Chile & Paraguay and execute against that strategy
• Identify the most critical aspects of a problem Client or market is facing to determine new business opportunities
• Leverage deep knowledge of all the Mastercard Data & Services capabilities and how they fit together to create customized and relevant solutions for clients solving for their needs
• Leverage subject matter experts to develop best customized proposals for the clients
• Write well-structured and persuasive proposals and communicate to executives to pursue
• Develop strong relationships / partnerships with senior level client management
• Identify and pursue related sales with client senior executives; deliver strong sales pitches
• Align efforts with Mastercard core team for sales success, including managing external obstacles and maintaining leadership alignment and support
• Partner with project team to ensure project quality and identification of follow-up sales opportunities
• Play key role in creation of new Intellectual Capital and become “thought partner” for Clients
• Actively participate in recruiting, training and developing others
Undergraduate degree required
MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
All About You:
• Consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm desirable, as is payments/banking expertise and experience helping financial institutions at the executive leadership level.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work on a team or independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Languages: Fluent in Spanish and English required and additional languages skills highly desirable
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137003