MasterCard Senior Specialist, Product Management in San Jose, Costa Rica
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Specialist, Product Management
Job Description Summary
• The Product Leader, Product Manager is responsible for ensuring client satisfaction throughout the execution of assigned programs or benefits for a specific product, and shepherds the program lifecycle through proactive client management.
• Delivers Cardholder Solutions and Benefits, and impacts the business of the market/country and the region by helping the account managers as he or she will be the product expert.
• Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
• Have you excelled being a relationship oriented person?
• Serves as Life Cycle Value Stream Manager for all the Credit and Debit products.
• Develops and negotiates plans/budgets by clients and markets with Relationship Managers, Segment Managers and Expert Sales, and monitor the operation and financial performance against targets.
• Helps develop strategic business plans for Product, including rigorous analysis of revenue opportunities and related costs.
• Works closely with regional product team and sales colleagues to understand MasterCard, issuer, acquirer, merchant, and consumer needs and issues.
• Monitors product performance metrics at all stages of the product life cycle, and makes recommendations regarding solutions to challenges in the portfolio or product strategy.
• Analyzes and documents market trends, dynamics, and competition in order to provide product and go-to-market strategies.
• Provides support to sales and customer facing teams with communication and training on product functionality and enhancements.
• Provides support to sales team to develop new product (Credit and/or Debit) proposals for key issuers according to bank’s strategy and market opportunities.
• Engages in idea generation for enhancements to existing products, concept validation, business case development, and financial modeling and planning of these enhancements.
• Develops planning & reporting tools to support development of product enhancements.
All About You
• Desirable experience working in a credit product area (bank, financial institution)
• Developed an understanding of the Credit business and how the organization earns profit/creates value, acquired through both formal and informal trainings and projects
• Strong analytical and presentation skills needed
• Developed skills in:
o Identifying market trends
o Executing market research
o Documenting and organizing information and transform it into business presentations/proposals
o Manage elements in a cross-functional project
• Experience working on product launches in multiple markets
• Proven data driven analysis
• Demonstrated success building relationships and delivering results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams
• Extensive interaction with external stakeholders at the local level through participation in client meetings and consumer events
• Coordinated cross-functional initiatives, such as professional development opportunities, idea-creation programs, and corporate social responsibility (CSR) opportunities
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-95373