MasterCard Analyst, Advanced Analytics in San Jose, Costa Rica
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Analyst, Advanced Analytics
• MasterCard Advisors, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, information and risk management services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide.
• With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances MasterCard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes MasterCard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
• Are you motivated to develop data analysis, both quantitative and qualitative?
• Are your communication skills good enough to explain your ideas effectively?
• Are you willing to collaborate in a team of diverse skills and experience?
• Design and deliver analytical solutions to strategic Mastercard’s clients by partnering with Consulting teams on ongoing projects
• Actively contribute to internal product development of innovative data products and platforms to maintain and build MasterCard's intellectual assets
• Present and explain analytical concepts at internal team meetings as well as with external clients
• Coordinate with Business Development and other practice areas to develop client proposals, project plans and price estimates.
• Proactively seek new knowledge and learn new technologies to develop depth of expertise within the payments industry and ensure proposed analyses leverage cutting-edge methods and techniques.
All about You
• Bachelor’s degree, in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics/Finance from a strong institution
• Graduate degree is a plus
• Advanced knowledge of programming languages, statistical and data mining tools: SQL, Python, R, HADOOP (Hive, Impala, Spark), SAS and VBA
• Experience with big data analytics, predictive modeling and data manipulation
• At least 3 years of work experience in analytical roles
• Presentation skills and experience presenting to management teams
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
• Good time management and project management skills
• Ability to work with partners and teams across functional teams in a fast paced, highly innovative and collaborative environment
• A plus if you have experience with payments industry and understanding of analytics related to card spend, fraud and credit risk, interchange, consumer marketing, customer acquisition
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85075