MasterCard Vice President, Product Specialists - Merchant and Merchant Scale Players Lead in San Francisco, California
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Product Specialists - Merchant and Merchant Scale Players Lead
The Digital Product Specialist team mission is to bring more secure payments solutions with optimal user experience to consumers by scaling our Digital Payments products, including tokenization and Click to Pay, with our partners across the payments ecosystem. Our team is responsible for educating our Managed Customers on our Digital Payments products, determining how they can help Customers meet their own digital objectives, and working closely with Customers, CAMs, product and USPD to move to implementation commitments and kickoff.
The role of Vice President, Product Specialist – Merchant and Merchant Scale Players Team Lead is critical to meeting significant business objectives through partnerships with merchants, acquirers, PSPs and other scale partners. This role is a leadership position within the NAM digital payments team, and will lead a team of Product Specialists for these segments, providing guidance on thought leadership, technical product knowledge, value proposition definition, customer engagement and overall digital support.
• Responsible for leading a team that engages with external Customers in the merchant, acquirer, PSP, ISV and other merchant scale player segments to improve the user experience and security of digital payments through scaling of our Digital Payments products including MDES device and remote commerce programs, Click to Pay, and Token Connect. Engagement includes identifying Customers’ digital needs and objectives and drive digital discussions focusing on thought leadership, market trends and Mastercard product offerings which will address these needs, while driving value for Mastercard, our Customers and their consumers.
• Inspire direct reports to serve as “digital storytellers” in a way that compels product colleagues, CAMs and external Customers to value partnering with Mastercard.
• Accountable for partner-focused NAM Digital Payments acceptance KPIs; for example, number of partners implementing Click to Pay acceptance and enabling MDES for Merchants.
• Encourage, collect and channel feedback from internal and external customers into the NAM product org, and to the global product org as appropriate.
• Serve as a champion of Mastercard’s digital payments initiatives in internal and external forums, including MA Academy sessions for the merchant community, conferences and customer forums.
• Ensure the fostering of regular dialogue with CAMs and Customers on digital initiatives to build trust and value with stakeholders.
• Serve as a coach and mentor to direct reports and others within the NAM digital payments team.
• Provide oversight and direct team to seamless transition with the US Customer Delivery team for committed implementations. Serve as a point of escalation for Customer production issues to ensure timely resolution, as needed.
All About You
• Strong and driven individual performer, as well as a proactive collaborator and leader who makes informed independent decisions and seeks support of colleagues and stakeholders when needed
• Accountable, trusting, and passionate people manager with experience developing and advocating for team members, who will foster a culture of these values within and outside of Digital Payments
• Perseverant and curious, with a desire and ability to remove blockers in order to achieve a common goal
• Significant experience with merchant and merchant scale player products and technologies, ideally with a track record of successful product roadmap and solution development with partners in this space. Passionate and knowledgeable about technology, innovation, payments and digital commerce
• Adept at ”knowing the audience” and applying to stakeholders in a way that creates alignment and progress, and affinity for receiving and processing feedback in a way that provides Voice of Customer insight and serves to contribute to our product design and Go To Market processes
• Enjoys the journey of engaging in complex, cross-collaborative challenges
• Highly developed and effective communication skills and executive presence
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137204