MasterCard Technical Product Manager in San Francisco, California
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Technical Product Manager
Technical product manager on the blockchain and crypto platform team will have responsibility for driving and developing product strategy within Mastercard’s blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for managing a product development lifecycle and collaborating with key stakeholders across the strategy, risk, research, and engineering organizations. This individual has understanding of blockchain and crypto tech trends and will work in close collaboration with the Mastercard research team to develop new products and services. This person should have great problem-solving skills and creativity to find new opportunities and anticipate how blockchain and cryptocurrencies could impact payments.
• Identifying common infrastructure across Mastercard blockchain products
• Developing phased approach for consolidating common infrastructure and services into a platform layer
• Developing product strategy and feature requirements for authentication, authorization, policy controls and information security
• Partnering closely with Mastercard product and engineering teams in assessing commercial and regulatory requirements
• Defining platform PaaS strategies, specifically around payment processing, data, reporting, analytics, and platform administration
This person will bring strong communication skills as they will need to collaborate heavily with cross-functional internal teams and the financial ecosystem of Mastercard partners.
What We’re Looking For
• 5+ years of overall experience (at least 3+ as a technical product manager) with top blockchain, cryptocurrency, payment processing, enterprise software and/or financial service companies
• Reputation for evangelizing and scaling awesome enterprise blockchain products
• Experience partnering with engineering and DevOps
• Proven track record of leading and influencing an API first strategy across the platform products and services
• Payments experience and a strong understanding and interest in blockchain, smart contracts and digital assets
• A low ego and a high drive to deliver
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125977