MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, California
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Engineer
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint / Iteration.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Suitable for a highly skilled Technical Leads with Agile/Scrum experience to work with a team of very experienced developers on some enterprise global application projects
• Responsible for the creation of a software product as per the definition in the product backlog
• Do you have what it takes to provide technical leadership for a Scrum team, including coaching and mentoring?
• Have you got the skills to be recognized as a senior developer in a Scrum team?
• Design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including high quality requirements, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place.
• Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
• Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
• Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards.
• Extensive experience working on Java applications, excellent grasp of the language and Object Oriented concepts
• Experience with Application Frameworks (Springboot, node.js, Spring Cloud)
• Proven ability building scalable web services (SOAP/REST)
• Proven ability to write production class Map/Reduce java code and Map/Reduce streaming python code
• Experience in Programming & Scripting Languages (Java, Scala, Python, JS, Groovy)
• Experience with DevOps methodology and Test automations (Jenkins/Sonar/JBehave)
• Solid grasp on relational database modeling and design (Oracle, Postgres)
• Desire to be constantly learning new things
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-78978