MasterCard Senior Engineer, Biz Ops - Brighterion in San Francisco, California
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Engineer, Biz Ops - Brighterion
Brighterion, a Mastercard company, was founded in 2000 and acquired by Mastercard in 2017.We deliver a leading artificial intelligence and machine learning platform that provides real-time mission critical intelligence from any data source, regardless of type, complexity or volume. Our AI solution secures billions of transactions monthly and is used and trusted by many of the world’s leading organizations and governments in payments, compliance, financial markets, security and defense, healthcare, Internet of Things, marketing and more. Currently we serve 74/100 of the largest U.S. banks and more than 2,000 customers worldwide, processing more than 100+ billion transactions annually.
• Provide technical support and maintenance for operating environments with an emphasis on network and systems administration
• Establish and ensure adherence to ITIL change procedures for audit compliance, and that all changes have proper validation, release strategies, and that all processes and roles are well documented and available
• Coordinate dependent activities with global information technology and other groups in the enterprise to address scheduled maintenance patches, upgrades, and other technical implementations
• Review and respond to systems health monitoring as necessary, and evolve existing health monitors over time to provide coverage for edge cases and complex event sequences that require immediate attention
• Produce metrics and reporting necessary for validating ongoing successful business operations, and for detecting issues previous, during, and immediate after changes are made to the platform or underlying infrastructure
All About You
• Proficiency with the ITIL framework for change management, preferably with certification in the Foundation to Intermediate range or above
• Previous accountability for change control, release management, CAB, and other procedural controls and governance steps in ITSM
• Expertise with effective use of issue management/ticketing systems such as Remedy, Maximo, and Jira
• Creation of repeatable reporting for internal stakeholder review of business and technical performance KPIs
• Responsibility for actively maintaining a strategy for managing and expanding the use of log aggregation and alerting for quick awareness and resolution of customer issues
• Familiarity with intent and purpose of cloud-native architecture and public cloud services as part of larger product offerings, and how to properly construct an implementation plan which ensures minimal impact
• Former roles in the disciplines of project management or systems analysis are a big plus, with predication on strong written communication skills
• A bachelor's level degree or higher depending on previous work experience
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-91665