MasterCard Manager, People Business Partner in San Francisco, California
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, People Business Partner
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company.
Mastercard’s Cyber & Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for partners across the globe. As part of this organization, our Brighterion and artificial intelligence (AI) platform and solutions teams focuses on enhancing and scaling products to become the premier mission critical AI solution across multiple industries.
The Manager, People & Capability Business Partner (PBP) provides human resources support for our San Francisco Tech Hub AI team related to performance management, skills assessment, employee relations, employee coaching and mentoring, and compensation planning and administration. This role reports to the SVP, People & Capability Partner for C&I, and partners with her and the local executives to develop and execute initiatives designed to enhance organizational efficiency and effectiveness. The ideal candidate will contribute at both the hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an amazing innovative culture as the organization grows.
As the local PBP, this role is also responsible for some core HR activities for all employees in San Francisco including onboarding and offboarding processes, immigration/mobility related activities and employee relations; as well as implementing initiatives designed to enhance employee engagement, development and productivity. Further, duties include partnering with the office management as the Tech Hub point-of-contact for office-related activities.
• Support and manage P&C initiatives and projects including workforce planning, employee relations, rewards, employee engagement and training
• Develop strategies to ensure P&C initiatives and programs reinforce the company’s culture and values and are differentiators in the market
• Create and roll out local programs and initiatives to retain current employees and attract candidates with hot and critical skills in the highly competitive Silicon Valley market, and promote the Mastercard San Fran Tech Hub as a ‘best place to work’
• Drive the annual performance management cycle, including talent review (leadership development, succession planning and skills assessment) and year-end performance review and compensation administration
• Manage employee relations issues by providing guidance to employees and managers on problem resolution, aligned with legal and organizational policies and regulations
• Attend strategic planning meetings and department leadership meetings to align P&C initiatives with operational execution
• Partner with the P&C Centers of Expertise and other PBPs on projects and programs, including our Diversity & Inclusion Council initiative
All About You:
• Passion for building the relationships required to be a trusted partner to business leaders and client groups to enable the execution of their business strategy and initiatives
• Demonstrated success as a People Business Partner in a heavily matrixed, global organization; experience supporting teams in the technology or payments industry preferred
• Core knowledge of human resources principles, concepts and processes
• Solid understanding of the San Francisco/Bay Area tech market; ability to identify local market trends and workplace benefits
• Experience with Workday a plus
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives exercising sound judgment, solutions orientation, and flexibility
• Must have strong analytical, presentation, verbal and written communications skills
• Together is priceless. We recognize human connection is such an important part of who we are and what we do, and we’re excited that we’re able to come together again, safely. Currently, the San Fran Tech Hub is open, and the expectation is to work in the office two to three days per week, with the option to work remotely the rest of the time
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132210