MasterCard Director, Product Management, Blockchain and Digital Assets in San Francisco, California
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management, Blockchain and Digital Assets
Director, Blockchain & Crypto
The Mastercard Blockchain and Crypto team, part of Mastercard’s global Consumer Solutions division, is focused on the rapidly evolving blockchain technology, related ecosystems and their impacts to consumers, merchants, and other market participants. The team leads the development, management, and commercialization of compliant digital asset solutions with the goal of providing a wide range of payment options and value add services to our stakeholders and aligning closely with Mastercard’s multi-rail strategy and commitment to consumer choice.
The Blockchain and Digital Assets Team is looking for a Director, Product Management to support the execution of Mastercard’s digital assets product roadmap by consistently innovating and collaborating with multi-functional teams worldwide. The individual will drive the development of key products and solutions, including focusing on enabling compliant digital assets on Mastercard’s network.
The ideal candidate is passionate about payments and the crypto space, has experience managing products, has working knowledge of MA core systems and processes, is intellectually curious and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
In the product management role you will,
• Work closely with global teams, regional leadership and sales colleagues to understand Mastercard, issuer, acquirer, merchant, and consumer needs with regards to digital assets
• Engage in idea generation for new products and solutions or enhancements to existing products, that will support Mastercard’s customers’ needs in the crypto space; lead enhancements to Mastercard’s core network capabilities to enable crypto transactions and settlement
• Engage with global franchise, legal, regulatory, cyber and intelligence teams and external stakeholders to build and launch capabilities and services for crypto transactions and settlement
• Partner with platforms and engineering teams by providing a clear product vision, well-defined product roadmap and initiatives; define and prioritize product features
• Engage in concept validation, business case development, financial modeling and planning for individual products or product enhancements
• Analyze market trends, dynamics, and competition to inform product, pricing, and go-to-market strategies
• Work with partners and customers on launching new to market product or product enhancements
• Provide support to sales and customer facing teams with communication and training on product functionality and enhancements
• Provide support to other product and commercialization areas on the team as needed
• Ideally based in New York or San Francisco
All about you
• Strong interest in blockchain and crypto space
• Experience in the payments industry and ability to adapt new technologies to existing use cases; prior knowledge of payment networks and processing is a plus
• Knowledge of the Mastercard authorization, clearing and settlement process and systems is a plus
• Experience in product development and product management, including concept definition / validation, and business requirements definition
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Entrepreneurial attitude, self-starter, ability to work independently
• Strong analytical skills, problem solver with the ability to take thoughtful risks
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-153855