MasterCard Customer Support Engineer - Brighterion in San Francisco, California
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the worlds fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Customer Support Engineer - Brighterion
Internally, this role is referred to as Analyst, Customer Delivery.
Brighterion is an award winning Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Company recently acquired by Mastercard. Our innovative cross channel AI solutions are applied in industries such as fintech, investment banking, biotech, and insurance. The team at Brighterion pushes the boundaries of innovation for in pure Artificial Intelligence technologies with a culture focused on delivering the results our clients expect and deserve.
The Customer Support Engineer role is responsible for providing technical support for all Brighterion products to external customers.
The position is responsible for maintaining and supporting the Brighterion software within a customers environment by troubleshooting issues and answering customer's questions after an integration is completed.
- Support and maintain Brighterions software on customer's environments
- Document and provide troubleshooting and maintenance procedures specific to customers
- Investigates customer issues, concerns and requests for enhancements, troubleshoots customer issues, and participates in problem resolution by liaising between the customer and internal development/QA teams to resolve issues
- Participates in customer operational support and status meetings
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and pull data to solve customer inquiries; using a combination of available tools and individual knowledge
- Respond to support calls and support emails
- Available for on-call support (rotational)
All About You
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- Expert knowledge in Unix, Linux, and Windows
- Expert scripting knowledge (Bash, Perl, Python)
- Intermediate knowledge in SQL (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server)
- Good communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to document all tasks
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a dynamic work environment
- Resourceful and ability to perform own research in troubleshooting issues
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience with Web Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
- Familiarity with backend database configuration/maintenance
- Familiarity with XML configuration
- Familiarity in network / systems architecture
- General understanding of software patterns and concepts, programming languages, database structures, and related operational protocols
- Experience interacting with customers and asking effective, forward thinking questions
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-72147