MasterCard Cloud Systems Architect in San Francisco, California
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Cloud Systems Architect
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
We deliver a leading artificial intelligence and machine learning platform that provides real-time mission critical intelligence from any data source, regardless of type, complexity or volume. Our AI solution secures billions of transactions monthly and is used and trusted by many of the world’s leading organizations and governments in payments, compliance, financial markets, security and defence, healthcare, Internet of Things, marketing and more. Currently we serve 74/100 of the largest U.S. banks and more than 2,000 customers worldwide, processing more than 100 billion transactions annually.
We are looking for a Cloud SW Systems Architect who has working experience in AWS cloud environments and can help us design a microservices based system architecture, architect for scalability and resilience, design our CI/CD pipeline and guide us in AI/ML frameworks and best practices. Experience in working across development and operations teams to prioritize needs is a must. This role requires closely partnering with development and operations teams to design, build, implement, and support technology services to ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. The goal is to be more proactive and upfront in the development process, and to proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience and increase the overall value of supported applications.
• Design a microservices based system architecture for deployment on AWS, architect for scalability and resilience
• Evaluate, develop and recommend tools and frameworks for AI/ML model development
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews
• Scale systems through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
• Architect and improve the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational excellence and guide the team in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Support deployments of code into multiple lower environments. Supporting current processes needed with an emphasis on automating everything as soon as possible
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
All About You
• The person filling this role should have extensive understanding and knowledge of high scale software designs for AI/ML using Big Data, testing and site reliability engineering
• Experience delivering solutions on public cloud infrastructures (AWS/Azure) and experience with site operations
• Previous background managing engineering teams developing C++, React, or similar industry-dominant languages and frameworks, and site operations on public cloud infrastructure
• Ability to translate highly complex technical matters into easily digestible and actionable plans.
• Ability to foster open communication across various organizational levels
• Ability to interact across multiple organizational levels and assume a lead role and set direction for large or complex projects.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-147571