MasterCard Associate Managing Consultant, Advisors in San Francisco, California
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Associate Managing Consultant, Advisors
Associate Managing Consultant, Advisors Client Services
The Advisors Client Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, delivering the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Advisors Client Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as an Associate Managing Consultant
As an Associate Managing Consultant, you will have the opportunity to lead key client engagements across a range of industries and types of projects, such as consulting services, Test & Learn, digital marketing, or data and analytics. Working with technology and data, you will generate key hypotheses and independently structure workstreams covering client problems. Overseeing the day-to-day work of the project Client Services team, you will identify creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and create effective, impactful storylines and slides. Responsibilities within project management will include building strong relationships with mid-level client management and independently assessing client agenda, internal culture and change readiness.
In leading the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will also have the opportunity to mentor junior teammates and contribute to the firm's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard’s solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Undergraduate or master’s degree and at least 3–5 years of work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple workstreams
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior- and senior-level client contacts
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, SQL / data expertise preferred
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-154704