MasterCard Senior Mobile Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Mobile Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Finicity is looking for a talented Senior Mobile Engineer in the Connect Client team to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. You’ll work with other skilled developers to support and improve our SDKs. These applications enable our customers to connect their bank accounts with Finicity services. You’ll work on an Agile team alongside some really cool developers and product people.
• Participate in team prioritization discussions with Product/Business stakeholders
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet the business requirements
• Automate build, operate, and run aspects of software
• Drive code/design/process trade-off discussions within their team when required
• Report status and manage risks within their primary application/service
• Drive integration of services focusing on customer journey and experience
• Perform demos/acceptance discussions in interacting with Product owners
• Understands operational and engineering experience, actively works to improve experience and metrics in ownership area
• Develop complete understanding of end-to-end technical architecture and dependency systems
• Drive adoption of technology standards and opinionated frameworks, and review coding, test, and automation work of team members
• Mentor and guide new and less-experienced team members
• Identify opportunities to improve an overall process and trim waste
• Share and seek knowledge within their Guild/Program to drive reuse of patterns/libraries/practices and enhance productivity
All About You
• Experience in developing software solutions
• Experience writing code and delivering mobile applications in native and cross-platform native mobile applications with 1 or more of the following languages: Objective C, Java, SWIFT, or Flutter
• Strong experience with GIT (branching and merging)
• A keen eye for functionality code reviews
• Strong knowledge of React and React Native
• Strong expertise with RESTful Web Services
• Experience with a modern Web Framework (React, Angular JS)
• Ability to code, analyze, de-bug, and deliver clean, validated, maintainable code
• Familiar with secure coding standards (e.g., OWASP, CWE, SEI CERT) and vulnerability management
• Experience building server side applications using Node.js
• Understands the basic engineering principles used in building and running mission critical software capabilities (security, customer experience, testing, operability, simplification, service-oriented architecture)
• Understands internals of operating systems (Windows, Linux) to write interoperable and performant code
• Able to perform debugging and troubleshooting to analyze core, heap, thread dumps and remove coding errors
• Understands and implements standard branching (e.g., Gitflow) and peer review practices
• Has skills in test driven and behavior driven development (TDD and BDD) to build just enough code and collaborate on the desired functionality
• Understands and implements Application Programming Interface (API) standards and cataloging to drive API/service adoption and commercialization
• Has skills to author test code with lots of smaller tests followed by few contract tests at service level and fewer journey tests at the integration level (Test Pyramid concept)
• Apply tools (e.g., Sonar, Zally, Checkmarx ) and techniques to scan and measure code quality and anti-patterns as part of development activity
• Has skills to collaborate with team and business stakeholders to estimate requirements (e.g., story pointing) and prioritize based on business value
• Has skills to elaborate and estimate non-functional requirements, including security (e.g., data protection, authentication, authorization), regulatory, and performance (SLAs, throughput, transactions per second)
• Has skills to orchestrate release workflows and pipelines, and apply standardized pipelines via APIs to achieve CI and CD using industry standard tools (e.g., Gitlab, Jenkins, AWS/Azure pipelines, others).
• Has skills to understand, report, and optimize delivery metrics to continuously improve upon them (e.g., velocity, throughput, lead time, defect leakage, burndown)
• Has skills to document and drive definition-of-done for requirements to meet both business and operational needs
• Understands how to build robust tests to minimize defect leakage by performing regression, performance, deployment verification, and release testing
• Has skills to conduct product demos and co-ordinate with product owners to drive product acceptance signoffs
• Has skills to Understands customer journeys and ensure a Mastercard good experience by continuously reducing Mean time to mitigate (MTTM) for incidents and ensuring high availability (99.95% as a starting point)
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Information Technology, or relevant experience in software development
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-154044