MasterCard Director, Data Scientist - Fraud Insights & Cyber Products in Salt Lake City, Utah
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Data Scientist - Fraud Insights & Cyber Products
MasterCard Cyber & Intelligence develops and delivers world-class risk and security products and services for MasterCard customers across the globe. As part of this organization, the Fraud Intelligence & Strategy Team (FIS) is responsible for:
• The fraud reporting platform
• Providing Fraud analytics and insights to MasterCard and its worldwide customers
• Developing new products to help all participants in the payment system prevent fraud and manage cyber risk
• Maintenance and development of existing and new fraud prevention and monitoring data driven products/services
Are you passionate about fighting fraud and cybercriminal? Do you like data? You like building scalable products? Mastercard’s C&I team is looking for a Director, Product Development (Fraud and Cyber Products). This leadership role will help Mastercard develop and deliver actionable insights and products to help issuers, acquirers and merchants reduce fraud. Specifically, the incumbent will:
• Build products based on the insights derived from the exploratory data analysis and algorithms developed by you and your team.
• Research new fraud trends, cyber trends, technologies and competitive products to develop additional product ideas and enhancements.
• Performs launch-related activities associated with new or highly customized product implementations, including marketing/communication and collateral.
• Lead a high impact data science / product development team
• Utilize the full range of data science-based techniques to design and develop new fraud and cyber products.
• Drives New Product Development including exploration of new opportunity spaces, contributing to Product strategy and partnering with cross-functional teams to design, develop and deliver new Products that drive incremental revenues for Mastercard
• Demonstrates a full understanding of market dynamics including Regulatory, Legal, Competitive and Technology landscapes
• Evaluates and prioritizes Global and/or Regional product ideas, markets and opportunities and determines with which projects to initiate the development process
• Leverages the product development framework to rapidly Frame ideas, and develop Concepts and Prototypes to validate whether a market opportunity can be effectively monetized by Mastercard
• Following successful Prototyping, leverage a thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle to partner with Product Management – Technical and Software Development Guilds to develop scalable Products for launch, ensuring that initial build effort concludes on time and budget
• Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders in Legal, Data Privacy, Delivery, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc. to ensure that the new Product has a robust go-to-market plan focused on speed to market and ease of delivery
• Partners with Product Management to Commercialize new Products, providing a seamless handover supported by a robust 18-month roadmap including CX, Revenue, and Product Quality enhancements
• Lead and high impact data science / product development team. Provide regular coaching and feedback to direct reports and partners to grow individual functional skills, experience and leadership capabilities
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning by leveraging the learning & development curriculum to augment existing knowledge, skills and experiences
All About you
• Degree in quantitative discipline preferred (e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Decision Science or Engineering).
• Demonstrated track record in data analysis and/or visualization.
• Degree in business or equivalent desirable.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Strong product/data science skills, excellent business acumen, strategic thinking, and relationship building skills in technology-oriented companies.
• Business experience in product conceptualization, design and development, preferably in financial services or the bankcard industry
• Solid knowledge of the payments business coupled with the ability to translate customers’ needs into revenue generating product designs
• Experience building sound business cases, designing payments products relevant to the market, and delivering results within budget
• Experience in developing products for U.S. and international markets
Desirable Skills/ Abilities:
• Expertise in applying product development concepts and practices across the product development life cycle
• Ability to develop, define and execute a business strategy to solve an existing business problem and/or open a new business opportunity
• Business acumen with the ability to create solutions that produce positive results for the customer and MasterCard
• Ability to work collaboratively as a team player in a highly matrixed environment across functions and regions
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and influence internal and external business partners
• Work Conditions: • 10% domestic/international travel requiredIn the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $181,700 - $280,600
Westchester County Salary Range: $158,000 - $244,000
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-169947