MasterCard Mastercard Market Trends - Global Content Manager in Rome, Italy
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mastercard Market Trends - Global Content Manager
All About the Role
MasterCard Data & Services enables customers across industries and geographies to make smarter decisions and reach better outcomes with a tailored portfolio of solutions beyond the transaction.
• We harness the power of real-time, anonymized, aggregated transaction data; powerful software platforms; and a wealth of expertise
• We empower customers to make better data-driven decisions by unlocking a holistic view of consumer behavior beyond their four walls and distilling actionable insights from data
• We work with financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies, and more
The MasterCard Data & Services global product team is seeking an accomplished leader to define and execute the content strategy of its Mastercard Market Trends product.
Mastercard Market Trends is at the heart of a business intelligence eco-system built on a universe of market data and payment insights. It helps customers across the globe make smarter decisions, stay competitive and embrace new trends.
We are currently on a transformation journey to further evolve our platform, integrating it with all the others business intelligence platforms in a seamless customer experience, as part of one program, and this is a great opportunity to be part of a high-growth, diverse, agile and innovative team.
Trends mission is to become the authority in payments trends and thought leadership.
This role is key to ensure the accomplishment of our mission being responsible to drive forward Mastercard Market Trends content’s strategy, with full autonomy and delegation.
Key objective of this role:
• Build the content strategy of the platform at global and regional level
• Manage a multi-million annual budget to be allocated on content’s and engagement’s initiatives
• Manage the team in charge of materials collection and curation at global and regional level
- Define content’s global and regional strategy based on users feedback and in collaboration with regional teams
a. Understand platform’s main target and usage
b. Propose and develop new contents based on internal and external feedback and analysis (asses eventual gaps on different topics, set-up a News section, etc…)
c. Build a collaboration framework with relevant departments across the world to collect high-quality materials (Product Affinity Groups, Delivery teams, Marketing teams…)
d. Explore content collection automatization
e. Ensure relevance of materials by publishing minimum 4-5 new materials per week
f. Direct management of the team in charge of materials curation and publication
- Coordinate production / update of regional content:
a. Manage budget to create new content internally or by leveraging partnerships
b. Manage the team in charge of content localization in the regions
c. Ensure set-up of new sections on the platform (eg News Press section…)
d. Centralize regional initiatives and share best practices
- Ensure content is updated and high quality for Industry Insights and Consumer research areas:
a. Lead publication strategy (tags strategy, materials highlight, content curation, manage the outdates contents…)
b. Responsible for podcast/video content creation and liaise with production companies
c. Work closely with Product Management team to suggest content improvements and new functionalities
d. Define strategy and editorial plan for “Become an Editor” competition (communicate about the competition, organize materials selection and top contributors recognition)
e. Build an editorial plan to be shared during “Editorial Council” instances
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple projects
• Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in guiding project teams towards delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
• Good understanding and ability to navigate through Mastercard organization
• Project management skills (strong communication skills, plan and prioritize different activities, anticipate interdependencies)
• Consulting background (analytical skills, interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving, entrepreneurial drive…)
• Ability to identify and solve project blockers and escalate for resolution as required
• Ability to build his/ her own vision and push informed recommendations in complete autonomy
• Experience in creating marketing/training materials
• Good negotiation skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-145549