MasterCard Test Manager in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
We have an exciting opportunity to come and lead in the QA team in the capacity of a Test Manager. This is a role for someone who will be working with the director and the team to own and develop the Test Automation Framework.
• Lead a team of quality assurance and software testing professional, establishing the processes, standards and technical tooling needed to ensure the quality of software delivered to our software sale customers
• Drive quality engineering, exploratory testing and test automation with a focus on improving the quality of software
• Lead and champion technical, process and procedural improvements that drive software quality and deliver value to our customers
• Lead the customer engagement and build strong relationships with your peers across the customer’s quality assurance and testing organisation
• Drive the successful acceptance by the customer of the software delivery
You will also:
• Lead a quality assurance and software testing team focused on assuring the quality of software prior to deliver to software sale customers
• Work with the wider quality assurance and software testing organisation to strengthen and harmonise the tools, frameworks, processes and procedures needed to improve software quality
• Assess, select and adopt key tools and frameworks to drive automation at all levels across the team
• Automate tests through selection of pragmatic technologies and frameworks
• Oversees QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies and partner with other functions to communicate testing requirements
• Work with the wider engineering team to resolve issues that impede testing and software quality
You will have experience with:
• Java 8• One or more build tools, e.g. Maven, Gradle etc.
• One or more open source JEE servers, e.g. Tomcat, Jetty, Websphere App Server etc.
• Automation testing experience with the ability to create test automation frameworks using open-source technologies, such as Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber/JBehave, Gherkin.
• Experience with Oracle, IBM DB2 or PostgreSQL.
• Experience of testing real-time applications (ideally in the payments space)
• Automation at acceptance test level
• Platform tests – testing a platform consisting of multiple services end to end
• Familiarity with UNIX/Linux environments and shell scripting.
• Delivery focused
and you may also have experience with:
• Cloud based environment (AWS / Azure)
• Scripting Programming language experience (Python or Ruby)
• Experience with Jenkins
• Knowledge of queuing technologies (RabbitMQ, Kafka etc).
• Knowledge of Docker.
• Familiarity with Infrastructure as code concepts using tools like Ansible, Chef, Terraform etc.
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124408