MasterCard Technical Author in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments…
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment. Mastercard is a driving force at the heart of commerce, enabling global transactions and bringing insight into the payments process to make commerce faster, more secure, and more valuable to everyone involved. As a critical link among financial institutions and millions of businesses, cardholders and merchants worldwide, MasterCard provides services in more than 210 countries and territories.
Vocalink technologies power the UK’s real-time payments, settlements and direct debit systems, as well as the UK’s network of nearly 60,000 ATMs. We process over 90 percent of salaries, more than 70 percent of household bills and almost all state benefits!
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
Provide technical documentation for all Vocalink products and services, supporting Vocalink which are part of the UK's critical Financial Infrastructure services. Exciting and varied work, that enables continuous learning and exposure to both customer facing and internal (operational) documentation. This role offers the opportunity to join a team with well-established processes that is involved in every aspect of the SDLC. In detail, this role requires authors to:
• Produce customer-facing and internal technical and non-technical documentation (often working on multiple projects), using the DITA standard and CS&D processes.
• Gather and review documentation requirements, architect content structure and populate content, based on high level information and engagement with the cross-functional Product teams and SMEs.
• Perform user and task analysis to understand user needs and how best to address these with the documentation deliverables.
• Ensure all technical documentation is produced to the expected quality, timeframes, authoring specifications and standards.
• Manage the review of content, including addressing any comments from internal/external stakeholders.
• Verify and validate the produced technical documentation autonomously, or by collaborating with SMEs (internal/external).
• Collaborate with internal teams and internal/external stakeholders to support the production and verification of content and, if required, contribute to the UI development.
The position would suit somebody with the following skills.
• Software documentation author with DITA/XML experience.
• Customer focused individual with strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
• Strong attention to detail with diligent approach to projects.
• Self-motivated with a proactive and professional attitude to all aspects of their work.
• Experience working on embedded teams.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to work effectively under strict deadlines.
• Adaptable to dynamic changes, thriving in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to quickly learn tools, processes, and new technologies.
This opportunity is ideal for somebody who has an interest in joining a friendly and service-focused team with access to the latest industry tools and complying with industry-wide processes; somebody who is focused on developing technical knowledge and abilities and is looking to launch themselves into a career in technical publications.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128243