MasterCard Strategic Programme Manager in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Strategic Programme Manager
Job Title: Strategic Program Manager (SPM)
The Strategic Program Manager (SPM) is at the heart of Mastercard’s program management framework. A strategic partner delivering critical national infrastructure solutions and services to our NPP Scheme and Product Delivery Programs by:
• Leading the new demand intake process, acting as the primary interface between Product, Delivery and O&T for all new pipeline demand (Product, Customer, Pre-Sales, Post-Sales) for impact assessment associated with our Batch Processing System & Real Time Payments programs, enabling key commercial discussions and decisions to be progressed.
• Understanding Market problems, customer pain points & product strategy. Focuses on the WHY & WHAT.
• Leading review sessions with O&T technical SME’s to drive the HOW and WHO and associated deliverables - solution, resource effort, cost estimation and indicative delivery forecasts in partnership with Product and Customer delivery teams.
• Working in close partnership with Product Management and Technology teams to ensure business and functional requirements are aligned appropriately with MC technologies and that we are delivering technology solutions in line with customer requirements, product roadmaps and IT Strategy.
• Providing ongoing SME input and support to the development of future product roadmaps.
• Acts as the interface between Product, Delivery and O&T for all new demand intake (Product, Customer, Pre-Sales, Post-Sales) associated with our Batch Processing System & Real Time Payments program(s) via SPM in-take process.
• Leads review sessions with technical SME’s to drive new commercial pre & post sales opportunity deliverables - solution, resource effort, cost estimation and indicative delivery forecasts in partnership with Client / Commercial delivery teams.
• Work in partnership with Product Management, Delivery, Engineering and Architecture teams to define product / customer solutions and develop the product backlog for prioritisation, as input to O&T capacity/demand planning.
• Partner with Product & Product Architecture to establish work sizing for product roadmap items.
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills.
• Project Management Experience.
• Highly organised and structured, able to create order out of chaos.
• Ability to lead more complex initiatives and serve as a mentor to other team members.
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly-changing scenarios; someone who sees ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity rather than a hurdle.
• Effective in anticipating and understanding customer expectations, and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed. Able to build relationships with customers, and focus on solving their problems.
• Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way. Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks, and be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business. Able to balance long and short term objectives, and understand business value.
• Strong Analytical Skills - Business, Systems, Data and Technical.
• Program, Product & Services Technical Knowledge.
• Product Management Processes.
• Commercial, Financial and Resource Modelling.
• Experience in Capacity & Demand Management.
• Strong demonstration of MC Core Competencies and ways of working.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-104224