MasterCard Service Design Consultant in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Service Design Consultant
• The Architecture and Emerging Technology team is responsible for Business Engagement, Service Design, Full-Stack Technology Architecture and Vendor Engagement across Service Operations.
• As part of the overall Architecture family, the Service Design / Service Architecture practice is responsible for ensuring the successful deployment of Vocalink products on a global scale.
• We are looking for a proven SME with strong leadership skills and a demonstrable track record in the service design of high availability and real-time payment architectures.
• A broad knowledge of IT and an excellent understanding of how operational service delivery relates to other areas of IT and how it impacts on other business functions is required.
• Can you specify Service Design solutions and be responsible for the successful delivery of managed-service and software sales on a global scale?
• Do you challenge the status-quo and have a genuine passion to deliver service excellence?
• Are you a self-starter with the drive and ability to co-ordinate Product, TechOps & BizOps teams to ensure a successful, customer focused outcome?
• Lead initiation, design, and delivery of VocaLink Service Architecture to fulfil internal and external customer requirements.
• Provide technical thought leadership for formulating service patterns for alignment with Enterprise architecture.
• To support service requirements gathering, specification and presentation of a given solution.
• Work closely with Product, TechOps and BizOps teams on standardising Service Design patterns and associated SLA’s.
• Ensure architectural service design expertise is represented from service inception through to service delivery.
• Develop and ensure that a consistent service design framework is applied to the solution design process and operational service architecture of any given product.
All About You
• A broad knowledge of IT and an excellent understanding of how architectural service design relates to Operation’s and how it impacts on other business functions.
• Recognised expertise in service architecture development and the technology and services involved, and the application of this expertise within a technical or business environment.
• Good information acquisition ability, organisational awareness and vision with technical and service skills to guide and communicate the service design approach.
• Ability to assess the potential service implications of emerging developments and technologies and apply them to service design models which are continually optimised.
• Good knowledge and understanding of technology stacks spanning Application, middleware, networks, platform and database.
• Good understanding of enterprise architectural patterns and mapping with highly available systems.
• Ability to identify, evaluate and assimilate emerging technologies to meet new requirements or optimise operability.
• Demonstrable experience of designing service management systems across the payments industry.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126127