MasterCard Senior Test Engineer in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Test Engineer
Mastercard (Vocalink) is in the process of transforming to an Agile culture which is bringing together collaborative practice within high performing Software Development Scrum Teams.
We have an exciting role to join the team who will be defining and executing the test automation strategy for the IPS, BPS and MAPS products. We are building the team and are looking for Software Development Test Engineers who will be working in-sprint with the Developers, Scrum Leads and Product Owners.
As part of this In-sprint function, you will be driving the testing framework and using your skills to develop a robust process early in the development cycle. This role will allow you to be part of the Implementation of the test automation strategy and frameworks needed to test all the dimensions of a complex, high-throughput distributed system including functional correctness, performance, scale, and security
• Use your Test First approach to have direct input into the product/ test development
• Automating the tests through selection of pragmatic technologies and frameworks
• Collaborate with various external teams to devise the appropriate approach
• Contribute to the design & development of the overall test automation strategy and vision, including the tools and technologies needed to support the strategy
• Adopt the best practice process for developing automated test programs
• A key contributor & to be part of an effective team
• Drive innovation in automation at all application tiers including UI, APIs, CLIs, and the database layer
• Keep improving in tool adoption and seek opportunities to leverage test tools for greater
• Work in an Agile automation environment and your time will be spent identifying and automating functional and end-to-end scenarios.
• Ensure there is traceability from business requirements to acceptance criteria from the start of feature development and covering all major & minor verification points within your automation coverage.
• Capture the required evidence to demonstrate to both internal and external customers.
• Support the business in iterative and incremental successful delivery of products and ensure delivery of solutions to the highest quality
• Meet the business/customer requirements and be in accordance with defined quality, coding standards and architectural principles
You will also have worked with or built in modern technology including:
• Continuous integration/delivery
• Automated at acceptance test level
• Platform tests – testing a platform consisting of multiple services end to end
• Cloud based environment
• Integration of automated tests into a build pipeline
• Delivery focused in required time frames
• Delivered shippable product after every sprint or cycle
• Understand end to end tool chain and how that underpins speed
• Java 8
• One or more build tools, e.g. Maven, Gradle etc.
• One or more open source JEE servers, e.g. Tomcat, Jetty etc.
• UNIX/Linux shell scripting
• Automation testing experience with the ability to create test automation frameworks using open source technologies, such as Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber/JBehave, Gherkin
You may also have:
• Experience working with Agile methodologies including Kanban and Scrum and have experience integrating automation tests with continuous delivery tools.
• Assessment, selection and adoption of key tools and frameworks to drive automation at all levels, Pair programming and being part of three Amigo sessions and be part of a collaborative culture within the delivery team
We deliver products, services that are market leading, and we can only do this because of our people. This is great chance to shape the Testing Framework and build an in-house team to support Software Development.
The SDET will be part of a team accountable for delivering our products and services successfully in order to maintain our market leading position. You will be friendly and approachable with a love for the craft of software development. If you have a desire to continually improve your own skills and the ability to transfer those skills to others and, of course, you love seeing your software in production- this would be the perfect fit for you.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-118217