MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
We have an exciting role to participate in the growth of a team who will be defining and executing the test strategy for our Real Time Payment products. You will join a team of Software Development Test Engineers who will be working in-sprint with the Developers, Scrum Leads and Product Owners.
This role will encompass both manual and automation test responsibilities.
At Vocalink, we deliver products, services that are market leading, and we can only do this because of our people. The SDET will be part of a team accountable for delivering our products and services successfully in order to maintain our market leading position.
• As part of an Agile team, work collaboratively with the team and stakeholders to deliver high quality, performant software solutions.
• Actively contribute to the assessment, selection and adoption of key tools and frameworks to drive automation at all test levels and support a continuous delivery pipeline
• Mentor quality engineers on automation best practices, tooling, clean code and test maintenance
• Perform manual and automation testing activities
• Build/ Create quality assurance metrics including automation KPI’s to demonstrate value and drive continuous quality & process improvements.
• Lead by example, building first class automation solutions and frameworks to validate all test types early in the delivery lifecycle
• Collaborate with developers, business analysts and product owners to ensure there is full feature/ requirement traceability and mapped to automated and/or manual tests
• Share and disseminate product/domain knowledge with colleagues.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should be:
• Tech-savvy and passionate about automation and Software Quality
• Experience in implementing new test tools and frameworks across agile teams that support a continuous delivery pipeline
• Experience with Java 8 or above
• Automated testing of REST services e.g. RestAssured or similar
• Able to communicate technical issues or requirements clearly and effectively
• Experience in working on developing automation tools or frameworks such as Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber/JBehave, Gherkin
• Experience with one or more build tools e.g. Maven, Gradle
• A team player with the ability to collaborate and work with others; self-motivated and a quick learner
• Experience with BDD or TDD
• Integration of automation tests into a build pipeline
• Testing of message types ISO 8583 and 20022
• Working in Cloud based environments
• Test Mocking services e.g. WireMock, Mokito etc
• UNIX/Linux shell scripting
• XML and validation of XSD schema
• Working with Java Spring Boot
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-147505