MasterCard Senior Security Monitoring and Response Analyst in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Security Monitoring and Response Analyst
The Security Operations team is looking for a SOC Senior Security Monitoring and Response Analyst within our cybersecurity defense operations. The ideal candidate is passionate about information security and technology, highly motivated, analytical and a team player. The role requires strong understanding of cutting-edge technology and/or information security principles, analytical thinking, prioritisation, and team-first mentality.
• Providing monitoring coverage, supervising escalated triaged events
• Responding to cybersecurity events and incidents, providing relevant and timely information to IR management
• Applying runbook responses throughout event/incident lifecycles, taking or instructing invasive actions where required
• Applying root cause analysis and lessons learned to improve security posture and processes
• Working closely with a managed SOC service, providing critical feedback to improve monitoring operations
• Proactively measuring quality from the managed SOC team’s analysis, and reports results through KPIs
• Developing and participates in the SOC’s metrics program for internal and external stakeholders
• Leading process, people, technology, and procedure enhancement initiatives for the SOC
• Providing coaching, support, and guidance on cyber processes and procedures
• Participating in and facilitating training exercises for SOC staff
• Facilitating new environment onboarding into SOC processes
All About You:
• Strong working knowledge of security or experience with information technology (Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Web Proxy, Antivirus, Security Information and Event Management SIEMs, Endpoint Detection agents, etc.).
• Understanding of TCP/IP, Mitre ATT&CK, Kill Chain, Data Loss Prevention, Malware analysis, and Networking principles.
• Experience with Windows, Unix Based Operating Systems, and Cloud Security fundamentals.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including good communication with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
• Strong Data Analysis skills, with the ability to develop KPIs and metric reporting to management.
• Experiencing creating queries, and alerts in a SIEM system.
• One to three years of direct experience in a Security Operations Center or similar
• Relevant certifications desirable, or a willingness to pursue certification as part of internal skills and readiness program (e.g. CYSA, Security +, CISSP, etc.)
• It is expected that the successful candidate will obtain National Security vetting
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-154195