MasterCard Senior Analyst, Finance Business Partner in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, Finance Business Partner
In this position, the incumbent will work in partnership with the International Infrastructure teams to optimize the Vocalink P&L through commercial management of the cost base and programme investments.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Month End close for the International Global NPP and O&T divisions, working closely with remote finance teams in the US to ensure journal entries are posted correctly in a timely fashion
• Prepare Forecasts four times a year (quarterly cycles) and an annual budget for the International Global NPP and O&T divisions. This will form a large part of the role. Accuracy, attention to detail and end-to-end ownership will be key. Candidate must be able to reconcile variance movements with the support of numerical tables showing the movements and detailed commentary with relevant backing.
• Engage with the business on the forecasting/budgeting process to ensure ‘buy in,’ whilst managing corporate expectations
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial presentations with commentary and present ‘the story’ back to the business on associated insights, ranging from current performance to future forecasts.
• Prepare reports that track against investment business cases and bids
• Work with the FP&A team to produce management reporting, KPIs, Risks and Opps, pacing reports and standardised P&Ls
• Interact on a regular basis with the Global NPP and O&T business (Director and VP level)
• Identify & drive initiatives to improve the Vocalink P&L across respective teams
• Work alongside the business and sourcing teams to support commercial analysis on new deals and signing off new and/or renewal contracts
• Work with O&T stakeholders to product cost allocations to products for annual planning
• Ensure financial governance is maintained across the business
• Have in depth understanding of Capitalisation, Depreciation and Amortization processes and ensure all relevant MasterCard rules are applied
• Ensure compliance with risk policies and fosters a strong control environment to mitigate risks, liaising where necessary with the key business areas across Mastercard e.g. Controllers, Tax.
• Understand Product Revenues and assist in Month end close and Forecasting
• Qualified accountant ACCA or CIMA (preferrable), plus 2 years’ experience in a Senior Commercial Analyst role with experience in forecasting and budgeting
• Knowledge of and experience of Hyperion and Oracle is desirable
• Experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional capacity. Able to work across a wide range of stakeholders, with strong influencing skills
• Candidate should be able to demonstrate a level of business acumen and show the ability to spot anomalies at a high level
• Strong analytical skills and proficient with excel
• Strong communication skills from written, verbal and presentation perspectives
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142246