MasterCard Scrum Master in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
An opportunity for a Scrum Master to join our expanding Infrastructure Team at a leading financial services organisation. Leading the way in finance solutions and working with next generation real time payments platforms.
This role will be acting as Scrum Master across two or three Agile Squads to ensure that the optimisation of Software Development output focused on Infrastructure as code and cloud.
Scrum Master - You will:
• Optimise the throughput of work by the development squads
• Minimise distractions and external interference for development squads, enabling squad members to spend maximum amount of time focused on their tasks
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
• Works with other squad leaders to ensure squad harmony and reducing conflict, creating a trusting and co-operative environment for all squad members
• Liaise with other areas of the business, customers and external suppliers to ensure development squads have all required information to effectively deliver new functionality
• Be central point of communication with other areas of business about upcoming releases
• Ensure that sufficient estimation has been undertaken to create reliable release plans
• Work with Product Owners and other squad members to optimise the backlog ready for development
• Work with squads on continual process improvement
• Facilitate all agile ceremonies (stand-ups, showcase, retrospectives etc.) and ensure that process is being followed
Scrum Master - Requirements
• Ideally will be a certified Scrum Master
• Strong commercial experience as a Scrum Master in an Agile environment
• Experience working with multiple digital products with regular releases and pressure to deliver new functionality
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Experience of planning complex agile developments in a form that can be reliably communicated to the wider business, allowing the business to schedule sales, marketing and customer activity with a degree of confidence
• Understanding of metrics of incremental delivery
• Experience and understanding of agile development and continuous improvement
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-77562