MasterCard Product Data Architect/Analyst in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Product Data Architect/Analyst
Solutions Design and Architecture (SD&A) provide Technical/ Architectural leadership for the suite of Products that VocaLink sell within the UK and Internationally.
Product Technology Architecture (within SD&A) is responsible for informing and defining the architecture of the Company’s various software products, ensuring that they deliver the functionality required by Product Management in the form of Software Products that represent the best of breed in our chosen markets.
This role is focus on mapping and managing the flow of data within and across the New Payments Platform products. This role focus on the definition and maintenance of key artifacts that documenting an understanding of present and desired future state of the business purposes of data and its technical representations without our systems.
Product Architects focusing on Data Analysis are expected to have a broad range of skills and experience and may be asked to undertake any or all of the following activities;
• Perform the analysis of current state and future requirements arising from product changes and customer requests with respect to the data that needs to flow through the system.
• Working with Messaging SMEs to ensure that data originating in the standards driven messaging interfaces to our products are directly traceable to the system outputs and data stores.
• Assist in the development of new products, product releases and product components through the use of appropriate and tailored analysis and architectural methods.
• Own the development of data dictionaries, transformational mappings and business data models to take into account all of known and predicted functional and non-functional requirements.
• Ensure that non-functional requirements such as data integrity, security, performance, audit and disaster recovery are addressed within solution designs.
• Understand and manage stakeholder expectations. Supporting the other architects to ensure that solutions are appropriate, meet stakeholders needs and are aligned with EA and Product roadmaps and governance
• Maintain a market awareness for industry trends for payments, and to keep abreast of developments in data management so that any data architectures proposed are informed by the latest thinking
• Own the suitability of the allocated activities and artefacts to ensure the approach is not under/over engineered. Clearly report progress against plans and escalate as needed.
All about You
• Background in and passion for the effective management of data within complex systems.
• Strong analysis and problem solving skills. A desire to learn and a curiosity to understand systems and processes.
• Experience in data architecture, data modelling and design
• Experience in the Payments Industry, ideally domestic clearing and settlement. Knowledge of payment message standards (ISO2002, ISO8583 etc) desirable.
• Able to present and communicate complex business and technical issues clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences from senior stakeholders to project teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including facilitation, negotiation, collaboration and influencing
• Understanding of the product development lifecycle from roadmap to live implementation and support
• Understanding of solution trade-offs such as cost, scope, timescale, and balance between long-term strategic and short-term pragmatic considerations
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-98339