MasterCard Performance & Development Test Engineer in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Performance & Development Test Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Performance & Development Test Engineer within the Immediate Payment Systems team at Mastercard who loves working with JMeter and other tools, to validate the quality of our releases.
· The Non-Functional Test Analyst will ensure quality throughout the entire software development lifecycle, developing Non-Functional test scripts, scenarios to support the following Non-Functional test activities: -
o Baseline Performance Tests.
o Volume and Performance Testing (Load Testing, Stress Testing, Capacity Planning & Soak Testing).
o Reliability and Availability Testing of a release (Failover, backup, and recovery & Disaster Recovery).
o Application Security Testing.
· Use JMeter and other tools to performance test Non-functional behaviors.
· Working effectively with cross-site located teams and 3rd party suppliers.
· Experience of tools such as LoadRunner, SOAPUI, JMeter, Splunk, Dynatrace.
· Acquire DevOps knowledge to support continuous delivery.
· Experience in debugging, bottleneck analysis and providing suggestions in improving performance.
· Contribute to Test Tool development.
· Provide regular reporting and keep track of test cycles to stakeholders.
All About You
· Co-ordinate Non-Functional test activities including across multiple internal and external teams
· Must be detail focused. Must have detailed knowledge of Non-Functional Testing and Team leading abilities.
· Sound understanding of all technical aspects of testing.
· Driven to get the job done, with a willingness to work out of hours at short notice. Ability to work around setbacks and blocks to achieve the solution
· Flexibility to take on new projects, ways of working.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to find solutions to issues, work around conflicting priorities (different test phases/projects all with different priorities) with a view to commercial reality.
· Knowledge of and experience in reliability and availability test planning and execution.
· Experience of Oracle and SQL Scripting
· Good knowledge of load generation test tools, particularly of JMeter and LoadRunner with experience to use Java API.
· Good working knowledge of analysis tools like Splunk, Dynatrace and other standard monitoring tools.
· Good working knowledge of WebLogic/WebSphere or any enterprise level application servers.
· Good working knowledge of networking between multiple sites.
· Experience of testing high volume transaction processing systems.
· Good working knowledge of Enterprise Systems Management products.
· Experience in DevOps and Agile methodologies
· Experience of planning and executing Non-Functional tests
· Experience in understanding different application architectures to find potential performance bottlenecks or security vulnerabilities
· Experience of Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment
· Exposure to contributing to Test Tool development using Java 8 or above
· Assess, select, and adopt key NFT tools and frameworks to drive automation at all levels
· Automate NFT (Non-Functional Testing) tests through selection of pragmatic technologies and frameworks
You will have experience of:
· Working within Agile and Waterfall software development environments across-site located teams and 3rd party suppliers
· Experience in complex distributed enterprise applications using JDK (Java Development Kit) 8 or later.
· Experience in Java 8 or above.
· Experience using various test frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Cucumber etc.
· Experience in the use of JMeter, LoadRunner, SOAP UI, Splunk, Dynatrace.
· Building relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation and be able to technically support a collaborative interaction within the development teams.
· DevOps experience and demonstrable experience working with Jenkins, TeamCity or similar.
· Experience using various messaging technologies such as IBM-MQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ .
· Experience with web-based technologies such as REST (Representational State Transfer), SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) and Web-Sockets.
· Working experience with Databases such as RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) and NoSQL.
· Needs to be able work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, working as part of a team or individual contributor.
· Payment Systems experience is desirable.
In return, you will join a thriving team on an exciting journey within a payments program where there are opportunities to grow and self-develop your skills. You will learn elements of how different payment systems operate within the financial services sector and be instrumental to driving quality in our deliveries.
On top of the compensation, bonus schemes, time-off, benefits and perks, the role also offers;
• A hybrid working model with some on-site office work (flexible),
• Additional flexible working such as ‘Work from anywhere’ of up to 4 weeks a year,
• Training of new skills and receiving mentorship using ‘Unlocked’, and
• Other educational portals, to name a few.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-161577