MasterCard Manager Software Development Engineer in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager Software Development Engineer
Vocalink Mastercard Engineering is in the process of organising itself to enable building products in a modular and more flexible way. We are building upon our industry leading knowledge to develop our Next Gen platforms.
We are looking for a Manager/Lead for our Software Development Engineering team who will be responsible for working within a product focussed to deliver our NextGen solutions with in the international payments space.
You will use your expertise in Core Java development to build complex systems. In doing so you will also demonstrate your breadth of expertise in specific frameworks and tools to architect, design and implement distributed systems. This role is has the added benefit for you to remains hands on.
You will be focussed on:
• Experience in building complex distributed enterprise applications using JDK 8 or more
• Experience using Spring Framework
• Experience using various test frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Cucumber etc
• Experience using various message serialisation formats such as JSON, XML, Protocol-Buffers
• Writing exemplary quality code and code reviews
• Building relationship with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation and be able to technically support a collaborative interaction within the development teams
• Having a customer first outlook
• Problem solving and able to learn fast
• Delivery and working to time frames and being able to adapt to changing environments, work processes and multiple business priorities.
You will have:
• DevOps experience and demonstrable experience working with Jenkins, TeamCity or similar
• Had exposure to a Unix environment
• The ability to script using Shell Scripting or/and Groovy
• Experience using various messaging technologies such as IBM-MQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
• Experience with web based technologies such as REST, SOAP and Web-Sockets
• Working experience with Databases such as RDBMS and NOSQL
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Integration Platforms Frameworks such as Camel
• Previous leadership experience of managing technical teams (specially globally distributed), achieving technical best practices and developing high performing systems with a track record of successful delivery
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, with a good level of verbal and written English skills, and, be able to manage stakeholder expectations
You may also have:
• An understanding of Cloud Technologies including Docker, and either aws, azure and Googlecloud
• Source Version Control Experience, preferably GIT Experience
• Strong Mentoring to encourage and grow developers in their craft
• Knowledge and Experience in any Scaled Agile Framework
• Provided constructive feedback for individual engineer’s performance improvement on a cadence and guide engineers through their career progression
This role is for you if you are friendly and approachable with a love for the craft of software development. You will thrive in this environment if you have a desire to continually improve your own skills and the ability to transfer those skills to others and, of course, you love seeing your software in production. At Vocalink we deliver products and services that are market leading and we can only do this because of our people. Would you like to be part of brining Business Change, Technical Evolution and work with people to build a learning organisation? If yes, this role could be for you!
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-112654