MasterCard Lead Infrastructure Architect in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Infrastructure Architect
• The Architecture and Emerging Technology team is responsible for Business Engagement, Service Design, Full-Stack Technology Architecture and Vendor Engagement across Service Operations.
• As part of the overall Architecture family, the Infrastructure solution practice is responsible for ensuring the successful design and deployment of VocaLink products on a global scale.
• We are looking for a proven SME with strong leadership skills and a demonstrable track record in building green field Infrastructure solutions supporting highly available real-time payment architectures.
• A detailed knowledge of Infrastructure technology components with excellent understanding of implementing application, operational , client and product requirements is required
• Have you lead a cross-functional team to deliver complex Infrastructure for national payment schemes?
• Can you identify new Infrastructure technology solutions to reduce time to market and drive adoption in the organization?
• Have you worked on delivering Infrastructure into Global datacenters
• Lead initiation, design, and delivery of VocaLink Hub infrastructure to fulfil internal and external customer requirements
• Provide technical thought leadership for formulating cloud strategies and establishing roadmap for adoption
• Develop complex system and platform problem resolutions as well as software and hardware solutions to address technical issues
• Be customer facing in a sales support or technical consultancy role.
• Understand and manage stakeholder expectations at a senior level. Provide clear choices and recommendations that enable both business and technical decision making.
• Work with Programme and Project Management to prepare Infrastructure delivery roadmap and ensure all activities and tasks are identified
• Support VocaLink’s international technical pre-sales activities, understanding customer requirements, and aligning these to VocaLink’s technical capabilities and Products.
• Design and implement process improvement efforts to identify and test opportunities for automation and/or reduction in time to deployment
All About You
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Infrastructure technology stack spanning middleware, networks, platform and database.
• Good understanding of public cloud offerings and creating processes for cloud adoption.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Good ability to map new and existing VocaLink product offerings into Infrastructure solutions for deployment as a managed service in Mastercard datacenter or as a software delivery into a customer datacenter.
• Good problem diagnosis abilities to resolve architecture and build issues working with multi discipline teams.
• Strong understanding of operational and non-functional requirements and designing solutions to meet them
• Good understanding of application architecture patterns and mapping with highly available Infrastructure systems
• Ability to identify, evaluate and assimilate emerging technologies to meet new requirements or optimise existing processes.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-123221