MasterCard Lead DevOps Engineer in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead DevOps Engineer
Lead DevOps Engineer
The Mastercard Cloud Infrastructure Platform Engineering team is looking for skilled DevOps/SRE engineers to build out and expand the CAAS platform that support Mastercard ONE Realtime Payments services.
The role requires a focus on automation to ensure operational efficiencies, availability, and security requirements are met. Applicants should have a history of taking ownership and driving IT initiatives that continually improve efficiency, agility, performance, and operational excellence.
• Deploy solutions in public, private, and hybrid clouds
• Develop automation to build and maintain ephemeral cloud infrastructure & platforms.
• Drive software implementations to optimize system/platform performance, efficiency, and capacity.
• Supports holistic platform security posture which includes identifying risks, escalating potential concerns, and implement security monitoring / automation solutions
• Create and reviews Day 2 operational processes and guides
• Support product development and onboarding into the CAAS platform. Driving operational and security best practices.
• Leading troubleshooting, working with vendors and third parties to remediate issues.
• Successful developing and maintain complex platform solutions.
• Active participant in global technical communities (e.g., Tech Leadership Network)
• Experience with Azure/AWS infrastructure management and automation
• Experience operating within a regulated industry.
• Experience with software deployment and configuration automation
• Working experience in a modern development environment, with automation pipelines and Infrastructure as a Code.
• Solid understanding of Cyber security concepts, including threats, vulnerabilities, security operations, encryption, boundary defence, authentication, and risk management
• Successfully contributed to continuous process improvement initiatives and automation activities
• Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
Technical and Professional Skills:-
• Experience building and running Kubernetes - Advanced
• Cloud experience (across Azure or AWS) – Advanced
• DevOps Tooling (Ansible, Terraform, Terragrunt, Jenkins, Azure DevOps) – Advanced
• Unix/Linux administration and troubleshooting – Advanced
• Security concepts - Intermediate
• Networking & common protocols – Intermediate
• Agile / Scrum / Kanban / ITIL / Service Management – Intermediate
• Scripting (Bash, Python, PowerShell) – Intermediate
• ELK, Prometheus, Kibana, Kafka, Hashicorp Vault – Intermediate
• Software development CI/CD support - Intermediate
• Take ownership and driving successful delivery - Advanced
• Ability to self-organize, managing several concurrent initiatives - Advanced
• Commercial focus – Intermediate
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-184765