MasterCard ISO20022 Messaging Specialist, Product Architect in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
ISO20022 Messaging Specialist, Product Architect
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Product Technology Architecture (within NPP O & T) is seeking a new ISO20022 Messaging Specialist focused on the application of ISO 20022 standards to our Products and customer implementations.
The NPP products have ISO20022 at the heart of their communication with users and the key responsibility of this role will be in working to bring IS20022 industry knowledge, best practice and innovating thinking to our Customer implementations and Product roadmaps.
Day to day, you will be working with Customer solution teams and directly with customers to deliver message specifications and usage definitions (“MIGs”) that will be consumed by leading financial institutions around the globe.
Our Messaging Specialists are expected to have a broad range of skills and experience and may be asked to undertake any or all of the following activities:
• Work with customer facing BAs during requirement elaboration to map out message usage and drive documentation of same.
• Provide detailed understanding of current ISO20022 message usage and future industry directions to ACH Product Managers, Customer Delivery and Engineering teams.
• Contribute to technical and business roadmaps to ensure products are able to track and where appropriate lead the ISO20022 standards.
• Ensure that development teams fully understand, and follow defined messaging specifications.
• As required, provide ISO20022 knowledge into sales process including authoring/reviewed specific aspects of RFP responses, presenting messaging approaches in business or technical workshops etc.
All About You
• Deep knowledge of ISO20022 specifications particularly in the Real Time bank-to-bank context including implementation through to live operation.
• Strong and clear communications skills – both written and verbal.
• Able to present and communicate complex messaging related issues clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences from senior stakeholders to project teams.
• Strongly self-organising, with the ability to drive to concrete deliverables against a project plan.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including facilitation, negotiation, collaboration and influencing.
• Commercially and politically astute, able to see solutions in wider context of Vocalink strategy, market and industry trends and specific customer engagements.
• The following would be advantageous:
o Good understanding of at least one non-ISO20022 payments systems e.g. BACS, SEPA CT, SWIFT, LINK, Visa, FPS.
o Knowledge of GEFEGs modelling tool.
o Experience of APIs (especially JSON APIs) based on ISO20022
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140749