MasterCard International Senior Middleware Engineer in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
International Senior Middleware Engineer
The objective of the International Middleware team is to provide excellent Middleware technical and project delivery support for the Payments products within Vocalink MasterCard’s portfolio. Our systems are a critical part of a countries national infrastructure and are built to support high availability and high volumes, we use a mixed technology which includes Oracle and IBM Middleware. Strong automation is also key for our ability to scale and meet the demand for services from countries and governments around the world.
The role holder will be responsible for delivering Middleware project deliverables on time and within budget and to deliver an outstanding level of Middleware support across Vocalink/MasterCard’s systems, ensuring services meet or exceed their SLAs and efficiency targets.
Typically, the role will require the post holder to:
• Provide technical break\fix support including as part of an out of hours on call rota
• Provide high quality project delivery, including build, documentation and knowledge sharing
• Work closely with Architecture teams on design and estimates
• Support the knowledge development of the Middleware team by sharing knowledge, learning from others and driving your own personal development
• Actively support continuous improvement
• Work in a variety of settings, individually or as part of Agile team either within the team or in a project setting
• Closely liaise with other technical areas such as Engineering, Architecture, Networks, Platform and Database teams
• Communicate effectively at all levels
The following knowledge, experience and expertise is advantageous
• Deep technical knowledge of a mix of Middleware technologies, this could include Tomcat or WebSphere but preferably at least include one of either Oracle WebLogic Server or IBM MQ
• Experience of deploying and troubleshooting Java applications
• Experience of supporting high availability services
• Ability to understand and communicate complex technical information
• Demonstrable experience of automation: Ansible, Jenkins , Scripting, Chef Automate
• Experience using Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Nexus
• Strong & extensive knowledge on SSL
• Hands on experience on Go Anywhere Managed File Transfer
• Knowledge on Open LDAP
• Hands on experience on IBM MQ & Rabbit MQ
• Knowledge on Apache Kafka
• Knowledge on Swift installation, Configuration & integration
• Knowledge and experience of Agile working practices
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-129963