MasterCard DevOps Software Automation Engineering Lead in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
DevOps Software Automation Engineering Lead
To lead a multi-disciplined engineering function (DevOps, Middleware, Database and Dev Tooling) responsible for providing thought leadership and implementing IT initiatives that supports and continually improves our operational efficiency, driving automation, improving cost effectiveness and creating operational excellence.
Champion technology innovation and change, agile working with stakeholders across the business, creating a culture of collaboration and servant leadership.
The role requires previous experience of implementing DevOps tools within an organisation, proficient in the areas of product selection, hands-on tooling, with the ability to justify the use of DevOps in the organisation
The role is primarily focused on services, ensuring we meet their SLAs and efficiency targets, providing support for solutions based upon principles of high-availability, agility, scale and efficiency.
• Lead a team of direct reports across multiple locations, reporting to the HoD Platform & Networks I&NB
• Ensure governance, standards and operational controls are defined, documented and communicated
• To continuously improve departmental processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and reduction of cost. To ensure that such processes are followed effectively
• Feed into the IT budget for infrastructure & network support and maintenance
• Provide oversight of the day to day services encouraging agile working
• Lead Tier 2 and 3 support, managing issues to resolution.
• To provide management escalation, where required, in the event of a major incident
• Manage the technology support teams which includes managing and meeting SLA’s, objective setting, assessment process, producing training plans, 1:1’s and team meetings
• Champion of Continual Service Improvement plans
• Ensure the needs of Finance, Risk, IT Security, Capacity and Reporting are met within Infrastructure & Networks to retain compliance with reduced effort.
All About You
A proven leader, commercially focussed with a track record of building and leading high-performing teams
Strong experience of working within Agile frameworks – Scrum / Kanban
Experience implementing complex strategic and operational initiatives in a fast paced environment
Ability to demonstrate highly-developed leadership and effective delegation skills across functional boundaries
Comfortable dealing with un-certain / changing requirements in a dynamic environment.
Familiar with traditional and emerging development methodologies
Excellent understanding of technical operations and industry best-practise across all elements of technology.
Working knowledge of the following:
• Infrastructure & Network technologies
• Converged and on Demand infrastructure
• Agile Methodologies
• Cloud implementations and support
• Infrastructure as code
• Working knowledge of Ancillary pipeline tools Nexus, SonaQube, CheckMarx
• Working knowledge of the Atlassian Suite – Crowd, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, HipChat
• Able to orchestrate the build and deployment of a container environment (kubernetes/docker)
• Able to design and implement centralised logging and monitoring solutions (ELK)
• Strong hands on knowledge of Unix / Linux
• Dev Ops Tooling (Jenkins, Ansible, Chef)
• Experience designing and implementing large scale data centre, infrastructure and platform solutions.
• Strong technical knowledge of IT systems and enterprise architecture.
• Expertise utilizing cloud technologies and driving innovation.
Proven track record in vendor selection and contract / 3rd party management
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-74571