MasterCard Capacity and Performance Analyst in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Capacity and Performance Analyst
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Who is Vocalink, a Mastercard company?
Vocalink technologies power the UK’s real-time payments, settlements and direct debit systems, as well as the UK’s network of nearly 60,000 ATMs. We process over 90 percent of salaries, more than 70 percent of household bills and almost all state benefits!
The team is responsible for Capacity planning and Performance assurance of the IT infrastructure which underpins Vocalink’s payment and data analytics services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved at the forefront of payments’ innovation. The team assists in minimizing risks to these payment services. It ensures that they operate efficiently, cost effectively and without incident.
This is an opportunity to be an analyst within the team reporting to the Capacity, Performance & Reporting services manager. In addition to analytical support this will include assisting in the maintenance of our documentation and toolsets. It will also involve working with the test teams in proving that all new applications and upgrades are performant prior to going into Production. For services in Production it includes liaison with the Production Technical Teams such as Infrastructure and Applications Support.
• Do you have a passion for problem solving with a logical and analytical mindset?
• Do you have a keen eye for spotting abnormal patterns in data/charts?
• Would you enjoy a varied workload doing analytical work, scripting and managing a performance toolset?
• Are you highly numerate?
• Are you a clear and effective communicator?
• Assist in the production and maintenance of our capacity and performance reports including Capacity plans for ACH payment services.
• Provide support to Production Infrastructure and Applications Support teams to identify and diagnose issues relating to Capacity and Performance.
• Work with test teams to design, execute and analyse Volume and Performance tests.
• Design new forecasts and capacity planning processes for new services to ensure services are maintained and re-order points are clearly identified, tracked and undertaken.
• Identify, monitor and revise performance/capacity thresholds for Production services and ensure these are implemented within the Enterprise Management to ensure smooth and continuous operation.
• Manage and maintain the capacity and performance monitoring toolsets (Precise i3 and TeamQuest).
• Advanced experience of capacity planning and performance analysis for a high availability IT service.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (incl. VBA Macros and Analysis tools).
• Advanced understanding of UNIX and Linux especially performance metrics and performance related commands.
• Excellence in time management and organization skills.
• A very high standard of numeracy including good understanding of statistics especially methods of regression.
• An excellent standard of literacy.
• Knowledge of ITIL framework.
• Ability to create shell scripts (BASH, Perl or AWK).
• Knowledge of Oracle RDBMS & PL/SQL tuning.
• Knowledge of Oracle WebLogic servers.
• Experience with TeamQuest and/or Precise I3 or some other industry standard performance monitor.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127399