MasterCard Workplace Safety Manager in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Workplace Safety Manager
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure seamless integration of Workplace Safety and Ergonomic strategies across all real estate service lines and other relevant business units. Key focus is on implementing processes to promote a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. Successful candidate will work closely with regional workplace safety leads to support compliance with Mastercard policies and procedures as well as local legislative requirements.
• Collaborate and partner with all real estate service lines to ensure compliance with established workplace safety standards.
o Oversee facility management audit and inspection process with our global real estate partner to ensure timely remediation of any office safety issues.
o Collaborate with project management team to drive best design practices specific to workplace safety and office ergonomics.
o Provide SME support to the transaction management team when evaluating potential sites for future occupancy.
• Benchmark and recommend world-class workplace safety initiatives as they relate to the built environment.
• Design, develop, and sustain the programs, procedures, processes, and systems to global and geographical and regional compliance with EHS law.
• Liaise with HR and global medical director to drive best practices to support Mastercard’s health and safety goals.
• Partner with HR and global medical director to support OSHA compliance in North America.
• Develop, align, and implement long-term EHS strategies and annual or short term EHS action plans, projects or initiatives that effectively manages EHS compliance and risk mitigation objectives with business and operational needs, operating plans, capital planning, resource staffing and budgeting.
• Engage with the Critical Response team, as appropriate, to implement pandemic related real estate policies and procedures.
• Collaborate with Global Security to support their incident management and fire life safety policies programs as needed.
• Optimize audit and intelligence software systems to aggregate and integrate data/processes necessary to successfully support a global platform.
• Leverage compliance database to promote safety compliance across entire real estate portfolio.
• Assess emerging workplace safety laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
• Provide oversight and optimization of best in class ergonomics program to ensure the safety and comfort of employees.
• Ensure all required reporting is completed in compliance with regional governmental regulations.
• Report and present to senior management and external stakeholders, including company reports.
• Develop policies and procedures with local team members and update as needed to meet local regulatory requirements.
• Provide support and cross collaboration with the Environmental Sustainability team as appropriate.
All About You
• Workplace safety experience within a corporate office environment, preferably in Class A office space.
• Obtained and maintained OSHA 30- Hour General Industry Certification.
• Familiarity with OSHA submissions within a large corporation.
• Background in accredited EHS management systems.
• Experience with strategic regulatory leadership and direction.
• Familiarity with global standards such as HSE, European Council Directive 89/391/EEC, IOSH and NEBOSH
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health & Safety (or equivalent experience). MS degree, EHS professional membership, registration and/or certification from an accredited organization preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common workplace safety technical and legal legislation.
• Excellent data analytics skills, including experience in DOMO, Tableau and Excel
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Highly self-motivated and directed with strong attention to detail.
• Creative, innovative, and effective problem-solving skills.
• Successfully navigate and thrive within various global team environments.
• Ability to deal with situations involving sensitive and confidential issues.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to effectively present to various levels of management.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141418