MasterCard VP, Acquisition & Spend Optimization in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
VP, Acquisition & Spend Optimization
Overview: Acts as a strategic lead managing long-term and short-term strategic initiatives for Acquisition & Spend Optimization. This individual will oversee the product evolution, establish go-to-market strategy, optimize products & services, implement incremental improvements, conduct ongoing care and maintenance, and manage the P&L.
• Managing the Acquisition & Spend Optimization team
• Driving the digital strategy for Acquisition & Spend Optimization by working closely with the global leads.
• Driving in alignment with the Head of Region the product innovation and road map
• The overall product financial performance including P&L
• Leading a suite of products & services and working cross-functionally to drive local product strategy
• Acting as an expert, advocating and championing for designated products to internal and external stakeholders
• Overseeing the Go to Market strategy across acquisition and spend optimization into a cohesive package including pricing and development of materials
• Leading conversations with Clients at a Senior level to help close the sale by being the Marketing Expert in the room
• Identifying, evaluating and prioritizing business cases for new business and product opportunities, and builds business models to improve MasterCard's footprint and competitiveness
• Selecting and monitoring performance metrics that assess product performance, revenue, scalability and longevity, and utilizes results to ideate innovative solutions to challenges in the business unit's portfolio or product strategy
• Leading market analysis to inform product and go-to-market strategies
• Finding new relevant vendors, negotiating, implementing and training
All about you:
• Extensive experience translating and applying customer feedback to lead new product offering and adjustment strategies across payment types, technologies and customer industries
• Experience driving product pricing and packaging
• Experience setting direction for go-to-market plans and leveraging market insights to differentiate from competitors
• High degree of expertise in Digital Marketing/ Martech products
• Demonstrable knowledge of effective P&L management
• Strong stakeholder management experience
• Comfortable with, and a champion of, campaign analytics and data
• Product management background ideal
• Experience at leading teams
• Highly collaborative, able to simplify, and not afraid to take thoughtful risks to help Mastercard and the team win in this space
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable to travel
• Bachelor’s degree required
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122624