MasterCard Vice President, Public Policy, International Institutions in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Public Policy, International Institutions
This global role will report to the Executive Director, Global Public Affairs and Community Relations]
Working with Mastercard Strategic Growth, the Vice President, International Institutions Policy, will manage Mastercard’s relationships with international institutions, including The World Bank Group, regional development banks, the International Monetary Fund, the OECD, the G-7 and G-20, and relevant UN fora and organizations (e.g., Queen Maxima’s CEOP initiative), with the goal of shaping the international policy environment in which Mastercard does business.
This includes promoting the emergence of a world beyond cash; the deployment of open, interoperable payment systems; the development of digital infrastructure, policies, regulations and platforms that promote digital financial inclusion; the application of Mastercard solutions to a broad range of humanitarian and development objectives.
Experience in driving international thought leadership, building alliances across countries and industries and advocating effectively through international fora are key requirements. This role will also require strong engagement with senior internal stakeholders and collaboration with Mastercard Strategic Growth, Global and Regional Leadership and relevant Product and Data & Service business units.
As Vice President, International Institutions Policy, your primary role responsibilities will be:
• Manage Mastercard’s relationships with key international institutions and fora.
• Advocate for Mastercard’s policy interests with the leadership, staff and executive boards of these institutions, with the goal of increasing their focus on electronic payments and aligning their policy recommendations to client countries and lending practices more closely with our view of the global payments ecosystem.
• Identify opportunities for Mastercard executives to speak at events organized by these institutions and to take advisory roles on relevant affiliated bodies.
All About You:
• Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment at all levels and to influence across a matrix organization
• Strong management and communication skills: must be able to provide and articulate a clear direction and vision for our initiatives
• Knowledge of the payments industry ecosystem and good understanding of the digital environment
• Experienced at coordinating with teams with geographically dispersed resources
• Strong analytical and strategic/conceptual thinking
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
• Problem solving skills
• High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed
• Global mobility – ready to travel extensively
• Location: Qualified candidates can be hired locally in the US based in Washington DC or New York or locally in the UK based in London.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-93433