MasterCard Vice President, New Product Prioritization in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, New Product Prioritization
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
A new Product Management Excellence (PME) process is a critical element of Data & Services going forward. Over the past several years D&S has developed a number of new product ideas and concepts, and going forward we are instituting a more thorough and structured approach to prioritize, approve, and halt ideas as they move through the stages of PME. The goal of the PME Governance and Investment Management team is to help D&S focus and prioritize by managing the PME process such that we arrive at a prioritized list of products that align with budget availability.
There are seven stages of the new D&S PME process: Opportunity Analysis, Internal Proof of Concept, Prototype & Value Case, Build & Iterate, Scaling Plan, Optimize & Scale, Run & Manage.
The VP of this team will work hand in hand with the Product Development team to ensure:
• That all product ideas adhere to the PME discipline
• That D&S leadership makes informed, fact-based decisions (Pass, Halt, Iterate) on each product at each stage of the PME process through a structured and well planned approach to meetings and communication
• That the outcomes of the PME process adhere to D&S strategic priorities and budget realities
This will require:
• Driving the Data & Services PME process and running all PME decision meetings
• Bringing discipline, organization and speed to the process: what we need to focus on for each opportunity, how we marshal opportunities through the PME in a disciplined fashion, when the team meets, who has to be in the meetings, forcing hard decisions and conversations, coordinating with parties that will be affected so their voice is heard (e.g., core, regional representatives, etc.)
• Partnering closely with stakeholders across Product Development, Platforms, and Product Management to ensure PME outcomes are achievable and realistic as we manage the product pipeline through development and commercialization
• Working closely with finance and other groups so we ensure that the near-term financial and resource budget is taken into consideration when approving and prioritizing projects, and work with finance and other business partners to ensure the most effective use of D&S budget throughout the year
• Structuring asks for additional funding from D&S and from Mastercard more broadly (e.g., CFO roundtable)
• Driving and maintaining a culture of product management excellence across D&S
• Developing and delivering PME communications across D&S
• Defining leading practices and providing thought leadership
• Leading two other people in support of the above
All About You
• Significant prior business experience
• Experience in strategy development and execution, new product innovation, development and implementation, or product management
• Demonstrated thought leadership in product management
• Ability to influence and lead others by example through strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to control and influence difficult conversations among senior executives to productive outcomes
• Strong project management skills and ability to coach others on project management
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• Finance background a plus
• College Degree required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-74806